Ultimate Subaru Message Board

SJR needs a apprentice

Scott in Bellingham

:banana: I started SJRLIFT back in 2005' to lift my own cars and also to help others do the same , this is a side business I do at home when I have time,well orders have picked up to the extent that I am falling behind in swift delivery , so if theres some guy out there that would like to help me out Im in Bellingham Washington and am looking for someone that can either work at my shop or your own place and help me fill these orders, I dont want to limit my ouput, I just need a helper and you could learn some foundry skills at the sanme time, If you have a metal fab shop I would be interested in talking also you could contract to do the metal work, thanks guys Scott:banana:

heres the car that started it all

StoreCar.jpg

What if you did a working vacation type deal.

is there anything simple that can be done by someone that they can learn in a day or two?

Some of us working stiffs, who are single and have time, might want to take a week vacation and go there to learn how to make your stuff. Then they can make parts for you while they are down there. One way to get some quality control is to have the person make pieces that he wants for his ride, like 3 lift kits and then you chose one to give him as payment or at a discounted price.

I realize that this might be more of a liability than helpful so careful screening of the your apprentices might be the first step. I realize that you are a small operation and work on a per order basis, so it might be hard to keep inventory and raw materials. Maybe part of the deal is that they bring their own raw materials.

Anyways just some thoughts.

BW

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I'm in Toppenish, but i have a large shop and fabrication equipment, and the skills to use it, so if you still need someone to help you fill orders, let me know. I have lots of free time during the week, and i could use some money, and shipping isn't a problem, so if you want to like send blueprints and have me make stuff that would work great, but let me know what you think.

-Bill