Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New Boy from Oz

G'day Mate...

I just wanna say thanks for letting me join your forums (Cheers Brian "the Subaru Junkie" for telling me about this website) and hope to meet some good people, maybe one day come over and have a bbq with you guys... :cool:

Just a little bit about myself... I have been infected with a serious disease :eek: it's know down under as Subamultiosis... You get it by buying 1 Subaru and before you know it... it multiplies into many and then it just consumes you life :grin:

I have a "small" collection now (please don't tell the wife) 14 Subaru's... My most treasured 1 is my 22B... I adore this beast !! and my son says that he is going to inherit when I die :eek: I'm only 37 so I hope he's not planning on getting soon :-\

Well.... I hope to talk with you all soon... I going to put a post in the wanted section, I hope to find some rare Subi's for my collection...;)

Welcome to the USMB.

It's been a long time, but if I remember right, the guy mostly responsible for starting this message board (Billy C.) had at least that many Subarus by the time he turned sixteen. So I guess age 37 might be considered late detection and there may be no cure for the disease.

Sweet!! And welcome to the board...so where is the list of the rest of your Subarus...and you are not alone....many of us have Subamultiosis...maybe not as many as you..but some are close.. The most I had at one time is 3 ( and thats cause the husband wont allow any more)

Welcome. I've got my Subamutliosis pretty much in recession. lol I only have 3 Soobs.

I'll keep an eye out for a hatch if you're really serious about aquiring one. I've had a few, I know what to look for. ;)

http://community.webshots.com/album/37919799NGXlOA

I really am serious about getting another hatch... please help if you can and I will repay you for your time ;) I collect rare Subaru's and the Hatch was never released in Australia :( I have brought many of my Subaru's from Japan but they don't keep their cars for very long. I have others I would like to buy, later as time goes on... :grin:

Just a tip, try and locate a hatch on the West Coast. The ones on the east coast seem to have rust problems.

Cheers Brian... I went to the Craigslist thing and it was asking about cities?? Can you tell me any, that you can think might have some of these hatches? :grin:

Every single one of them :)

The states where Subaru's are most popular would be Washington, Oregon, Colorado, Alaska. But they are everywhere, so the search will be extensive. There is another website, http://www.crazedlist.org where you can search multiple cities for the same thing at once.

I must be STUPID or something??? :-\ :-\ :-\ I can't seem to work out this crazedlist sh*t... sorry but is there a way I can search for just Subaru Chaser/Hatch 2door?

Well, using Craigslist you will need to search each individual city for them.

In the USA they were never reffered to as Chaser. Usually in Canada, but in the USA they are known as a 2 door hatchback. They were manufactured from 1981 until 1987. Here's the kicker. In 1986 Subaru changed over to the EA82 and they offered a 2 door coupe which can also be reffered to as a hatchback by some.

It seems like Crazedlist.org is being kinda funny right now. Not wanting to work for me either

Well, using Craigslist you will need to search each individual city for them.

In the USA they were never reffered to as Chaser. Usually in Canada, but in the USA they are known as a 2 door hatchback. They were manufactured from 1980 until 1989. Here's the kicker. In 1985 Subaru changed over to the EA82 and they offered a 2 door coupe which can also be reffered to as a hatchback by some.

Fixed. ;)

I thought 1985 only saw EA82 sedans and wagons and in 1986 they introduced the 3 door coupe.

The 1985 Sales Brochure doesnt picture or mention the 3dr coupe: http://usmb.net/gallery/album78

But I do stand corrected, the 1989 Brochure does have the hatchback and the 3dr coupe: http://usmb.net/gallery/album82

Guess Im getting alittle rusty on my old-school. :)

-Brian

I thought 1985 only saw EA82 sedans and wagons and in 1986 they introduced the 3 door coupe.

The 1985 Sales Brochure doesnt picture or mention the 3dr coupe: http://usmb.net/gallery/album78

But I do stand corrected, the 1989 Brochure does have the hatchback and the 3dr coupe: http://usmb.net/gallery/album82

Guess Im getting alittle rusty on my old-school. :)

-Brian

Sorry I quit reading at Subaru made the ea82 in 86. I did a search, and can't find a 1985 rx in the two door. . .

I'll keep my eye out for local hatches for ya 22.

welcome to the club and that 22b is sex on wheels. i have always loved that car, pity i could never afford one, lol.

if you are looking for a hatch, there is someone selling one in pennsylvania for like $300us.

if you are ever in the washington dc area, be sure to let me know, im about 50 miles west and always down to meet new people.

welcome to the club and that 22b is sex on wheels. i have always loved that car, pity i could never afford one, lol.

if you are looking for a hatch, there is someone selling one in pennsylvania for like $300us.

if you are ever in the washington dc area, be sure to let me know, im about 50 miles west and always down to meet new people.

Yeah... the 22 is even nicer to drive than she looks :cool:

I'm still looking for a hatch, after the last 2 I found have been either sold or scraped :mad: but such is life... I'd like some more info on the 1 in Pensylvania, if you don't mind finding out for me?

I would like to come to the States about Feb 09, if all goes well at home.

ill see what i can do for you.

hey, thats 4 days before my b-day.

Yeah... the 22 is even nicer to drive than she looks :cool:

I'm still looking for a hatch, after the last 2 I found have been either sold or scraped :mad: but such is life... I'd like some more info on the 1 in Pensylvania, if you don't mind finding out for me?

I would like to come to the States about Feb 09, if all goes well at home.