Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I have a 95 legacy wagon, the drivers seat is totally wore out, very uncomfortable, the passengers seat is the same as new , can I remove the seats and exchange the rails. an other question what years will interchange with mine without a lot of work.

I appreciate all of your help

Roger

You may want to consider seat rebuilding as an alternative.

I had the same problem with my recently acquired 1998 Legacy L wagon. The driver's seat padding was toast. I could not find a used seat of the same vintage that did not have the same problem to a greater or lesser extent. I ended up removing the seat and taking it to an auto upholstery shop where they rebuilt the padding, and added some much needed lumbar support. It cost me $140 but the seat is now quite comfortable and good for another 100K miles.

I have had both seats out of my subie ('99 OBW) and you should be able to take the seats off the seat rails and just swap them if you dont mind the back lever being on the right. The only problem i could see is if you have seats with the hight adjustment mechanism. The way that is attached to the seat rails makes it near impossible to get off and then the seat rails would be incompatible left to right.

I tried swithching from left to right, they won't change, the seat back lever is in the way of the seat belt receiver, unless I'm doing something wrong, any suggestions

Roger

seats are cheap.

www.car-part.com

sort your search by distance, you may get lucky and find a leather one for cheap.

i've got a green one, good condition, in roanoke if you are interested.

Seats are pretty interchangeable. I just installed a '03 WRX front driver's seat in our '91 Legacy wagon. It bolted right in. :)

I also use a WRX seat in our '97 Impreza; only thing is I had to move the seat belt receptable over to it since the belts are not compatible.:mad:

I see WRX front seats in good condition for around $200 on nasioc all the time. Really nice ones go for a bit more. I bought one set for $50 since the bolster had a two inch tear in it. My sweet wife did a great job sewing a patch in place after I stuffed more foam into the bolster. You can't even see the patch if you don't look closely.

Just a clarification: I didn't mean switch left and right seats; I put WRX seats into both my Legacy wagon and Impreza wagon.