Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Ok..............

Here we have a car that is "almost" the same technology as what Subaru developed and sold in 1990. I am not saying there are no improvements, but the basic technology is the same.

Now, all of a sudden, we are getting a 3 year body style cycle.

Subaru wishes to sell cars and it appears that they are "fishing" in appearance to do so.

Why not hold the body re-design and drop the price?

(VW did this with their "City" line of cars)

Locally, an "entry level" Ford is $18,000 (Focus), a re-designed "entry level" Subaru is $22,000 (Imprezza), now I'm not comparing the two besides "entry level", but holding the re-design should allow Subaru to sell cheaper, no?

Guess I am the only one who has grown to really like this body style ( could be cause I own one:rolleyes: ) But around here I am seeing the new style popping up like crazy...and more of the 5 door then the sedan.

Reveeen..where are you getting your numbers?? A base model Imp Sedan starts in the 16K (before dealer fee) and the base 5 dorr starts in the $17K range...Even mine which is the base model 2.5i with some accessories ...rubber heavy duty floor mats,rear bumper guard,roof rack,cargo tray,cargo nets,molded splash guards and the extended warrentee..was still under $22K.

I would wait till you see one in person with an open mind before judging the car...You can go back and look at my posts and see I hated it at first ..until I stopped looking at pictures and actually saw one..And even my first sighting I still didnt like it cause my mind was still clouded by all the bad feedback coming from the picture.I mean ,honestly, those who know me, would you really expect ME to go get one?

I have no regrets about getting mine..and am happy I went with the 08 instead of the 07 or older..for multiple reasons.

As for the STi..I have to take my 2.5i in tommorrow for its first oil change and service. I am hoping they have one there and if they do I will get pictures with my good camera.( MY dealership loves me and lets me do about anything I want there:grin: )

where are you getting your numbers??

I'm a little bit north of you.

I'm not comparing beyond "entry level" (I somehow can't see buying a Ford Focus POS)

My point is:

As far as I'm concerned, keep the sheet metal changes, and drop the price.

OK :grin: There are some other differences besides the sheet metal though;) some suspension changes and there is more room in the car then previous years.

And I am with you..I wouldnt buy a Focus POS either.

But the Impreza is the lowest priced AWD car on the market