Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I've been pining for a Scoob ever since I saw my last one off. It's even worse in the winter, because no car ever handled as well in the snow as my Legacy did. It got me through the worst snowstorm I have ever driven through, with the doughnut spare no less!

I put up an offer to trade in the marketplace: my 85 VW Golf in decent condition for a Legacy wagon. Since then I have been thinking more and more about my car. To the point that I had a really weird dream last night. I was driving around in a mauve Legacy, with white-walls and it was an automatic. I hate that color, white-walls and automatics, but it didn't matter. I was happy as can be, being behind the wheel of a Subaru again. Man, I really have it bad. Anyone else have weird Subaru dreams?

They're not rare, but they are definitely not plentiful like in the mountainous regions. I had a 90 and 91 Legacy wagon, both white with blue interior and they were my babies. I used to post on here a lot when I had them. In both instances they developed problems I did not have the time or money to fix properly, so I had to give them both up. I regret doing it, but I had no choice at the time.

I probably would go for a Misty Dawn Legacy, provided it had AWD and a 5 speed. The color does not matter as much as the machine does, but you guys know what that's like.

I've been pining for a Scoob ever since I saw my last one off. It's even worse in the winter, because no car ever handled as well in the snow as my Legacy did. It got me through the worst snowstorm I have ever driven through, with the doughnut spare no less!

I put up an offer to trade in the marketplace: my 85 VW Golf in decent condition for a Legacy wagon. Since then I have been thinking more and more about my car. To the point that I had a really weird dream last night. I was driving around in a mauve Legacy, with white-walls and it was an automatic. I hate that color, white-walls and automatics, but it didn't matter. I was happy as can be, being behind the wheel of a Subaru again. Man, I really have it bad. Anyone else have weird Subaru dreams?

had a dream once where I sold my roo for some stupid truck or something and was wondering what the hell I did that for-and then woke up-what a freekin' nightmare

Last night I had a dream where I got to test drive a pearl blue 04 WRX sedan that has been sitting at my dealer for over a year because it is an auto. It was still pretty fun, because I ended up taking it to some non-existent parking lot, set up some cones, and drove like it was an autoX. Then I woke up :(

Next time I hope I dream up some snow to play in.

I hate dreaming. Because when you sleep, you wanna sleep. Dreaming is work, you know - there I am in a comfortable bed, the next thing you know I have to build a go-kart with my ex-landlord. I want a dream of me watching myself sleep. -Mitch Hedberg

great comedian

• 2 weeks later...

I've been in the hospital for some weird illness--just got out (Lots of snow on the ground--a gift from the sub genius?:headbang: ) I dreamed I found my old MY 82 GLF (which, when I finally gave it away, was mostly in pickle buckets, BTW) in new condition! Scary--cool--sexy! Dreamed I gave it to my wife. Woke up hyperventilating--nurse taking my vitals. My GLF was walnut brown metallic with all the trimmings. My first Subaru. Gotta love car dreams.

• 1 month later...

Figured I would continue upon an already existing thread instead of creating a new one.

I had a dream last night where I went to a guy's house for BRAT parts and walked out back and there sat a perfect red XT6. Guy said I could have it if I could get it running and out of his yard. Pulled the BRAT around back, jumped it off and away I went.