Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Now Its official..Back to Old School!

Just got the call.. I just put a deposit on..the 83 GL-10 coupe that was posted in the craigslist/ebay section. Thanks to the efforts of Turbone and Psyko..they looked at it drove it..and gave me the thumbs up. So I am back to having an Old Gen...OK well it will be awhile till it finds its way to this coast BUT I am finally getting my 98% rust free WA car!!:banana: :banana: :banana:

Some Pics:

gl103.jpg

gl102.jpg

gl10.jpg

And if I understood Rob right..between him and Psyko..they got the new digi instument cluster covered and the broken tail light.

I wanted that on my 82 GLF...I am lovin the louvers too..Guess I have to plan a trip out to Washigton to see my car in person and give those 2 big hugs...I love them both like family:banana: :banana: Just so happy to be getting a coupe again....and this one is a 5 spd!!!!!!

Connie if they dont have the taillights covered i have the old set off of my sedan i could sell ya a bit cheaper than the GL-10 set u sold me. One of the side pieces is a bit faded but they are uncracked. On a side note...awesome find. I cant wait to see it in person. Same wheels as i have on my sedan. Nicer color. Less rust. Im jealous.

Connie if they dont have the taillights covered i have the old set off of my sedan i could sell ya a bit cheaper than the GL-10 set u sold me. One of the side pieces is a bit faded but they are uncracked. On a side note...awesome find. I cant wait to see it in person. Same wheels as i have on my sedan. Nicer color. Less rust. Im jealous.

Steve ..Rob said the only rust is a 3-4 inch spot in the trunk....It probably wont be till spring till it finds its way to this coast... I want to price shippers etc ..I so miss my GLF and am so happy to be getting another of my favorite Subarus of all times. I can't stop Thanking Rob and Briggs for this.

I want to price shippers etc

I got my Touring Wagon back here from Portland for $500. I had a special hook up with a shipper, but you should definitely be able to do it for under $1000. I think I priced a few and the cheapest I found was DAS, they were around $700-$800. A friend of mine shipped a Toyota from California using them and had a good experience.

Good luck,

Andy

Congrats,Connie!

Have lots of stuff left at Charlies. If you truely intend on keeping this for a long stretch you'd be mighty smart to hit up Charlie's stash.

I also have a beautiful trunk rack too incase that one isn't to your liking.

Tommy can have some of my mahogany if he doesn't have any handy. Nice fresh wood on those rack slats would make it like new.Couple of cuts and some PL Premium,better than new. ;)

Thanks John!! OH did you get the email Melis wanted me to forward to you??? got to hook up with you and Jess soon..miss you guys...everytime I eat Grits I think about u 2:grin:

awww we miss you too. Just had grits for breakfast this morning...yummy! BTW congrats on your new nearly rust free car:banana: It's pretty sweet. Do you have a name picked out yet or are you waiting to get her home?

awww we miss you too. Just had grits for breakfast this morning...yummy! BTW congrats on your new nearly rust free car:banana: It's pretty sweet. Do you have a name picked out yet or are you waiting to get her home?

:slobber: :slobber: :slobber: :slobber: Grits..why didnt you invite me Jess!!!:lol:

No name picked yet..have to wait till he comes home which wont be at least till spring. Rob has some things he want to look at on it and Briggs ( Psyko ) has some parts for it. I plan on taking a 3 day weekend sometime and flying out there to "bond" with the newbie and work on it.

This was the only rust found on the car and its inside the trunk...also an easy fix!)

trunkcoupay.jpg

Planning on Flying out there for a couple days when I get my income check back to do alittle work on the car ( I wont let the boys do it for me ya know.) and get it ready for either its trip in the spring or a trip to the auto shipper. Also getting my pre- WCSS10 trip in. You can get RT airfare tickets for less the $250 pp:banana:. Plus I want to see a couple of my friends from out there.

When it does make its way back here...it will be put in a bubble and it WILL be in the garage over the winter. Its not so much as getting the rust free stuff...for me these coupes ( Cou-Pays ..Skip;) :grin: ) are basically non-exsistant here...and it really bites when they are one of your favorites and you can't find them. I already know that its ellegable for Classic Tags and is emmission exempt:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: