Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Now Its official..Back to Old School!

That's nice. I want one of those rust free washington Subaru's too. You guys out there don't realize how lucky you are. Nothing like that exists around here.

We are lucky to have the RF Subes out here. But it seems that the E & NE has a majority of the 360's. Do you know if the marketing efforts were focused in the East back then? Would love to have one like yours.

We are lucky to have the RF Subes out here. But it seems that the E & NE has a majority of the 360's. Do you know if the marketing efforts were focused in the East back then? Would love to have one like yours.

The 360's seemed to end up on both coasts more than the middle of the country from what I've seen. SOA started out in NJ in the 360 days, still there actually. Strangely enough mine was sold in Chicago and made it's way to minnesota before I got it. I've got another one, typical east coast rusted out floors etc. I've been asking $500, not a lot of interest in it.

The 360's seemed to end up on both coasts more than the middle of the country from what I've seen. SOA started out in NJ in the 360 days, still there actually. Strangely enough mine was sold in Chicago and made it's way to minnesota before I got it. I've got another one, typical east coast rusted out floors etc. I've been asking $500, not a lot of interest in it.

I am keeping my eyes open for a van or sedan driver. Portland is a 360 friendly city as long as you stay off the HWY. The last 2 360's that I have seen in NW were trucks. I hit the 360 board but I could not find a For Sale link, you may have to be a dues paying member. If you come across one For sale in the NW please let me know. A complete running car would be best. Body condition is very important as I am a terrrible body man.Paint doesn't matter too much.

Okay guys, way kewl talk on the 360's

I like 360s also and would like to see yins

start a thread for them....

but remember this is a post on Connie's new ride.

Wish we could get some more pictures of it

ahhh um Rob ???

Thanks for understanding.

Okay guys, way kewl talk on the 360's

I like 360s also and would like to see yins

start a thread for them....

but remember this is a post on Connie's new ride.

Wish we could get some more pictures of it

ahhh um Rob ???

Thanks for understanding.

Skip I have a couple of the engine bay..the interior..I asked them when they pick it up to get some other pics. I just sent off the payment so now its up to them when they want to go get it. I am trying to not be too excited.

Here ya go:

GL108.jpg

GL107.jpg

GL106.jpg

GL105.jpg

GL104.jpg

I have to thank Rob for going and looking at it..twice..and we are getting it for next to nothing ( $450) but it does need some work...but but ..Oh I missed my GLF and I will finally have the perfect base for my real show car.. This will be kept in a bubble and in the garage.The stuff here just rusts to fast and I dont want all this effort to get this car to be ruined in 2 years of NE rust belt.It wont be destroyed by being driven when it shouldnt be.. I have Holly for that...she is a tough girl.

I am going to look into having the underside treated somehow as a preventative measure too..

It wont be destroyed by being driven when it shouldnt be ..

Yea unfortunatly mine has a limited lifespan now that the rust is setting in i do believe. Jon is going to help thank God and hopefully ill get a good amount more years out of the body. But then again its my fault for using it in everything...and everyday. Again cant wait to see it Connie.

haha. lifted would look cool but I don't think that's in her cards..

Connie - drop the gas tank and rear crossmember and recoat the entire underside with POR15 after you fix the trunk. Use it on the rear crossmember and control arms (and add an EA82 sedan rear sway bar!) and that thing will last a long time in any part of the country.

Are you gonna lift it? I know you want to.:burnout:

And the answer is nooo...first off its a FWD model..plus in these here parts that car is considered prestine,sweet,show quality or close to it..It will be just restored maybe swap the carb to spfi but thats about it.

cuda..that sounds like a game plan.:grin:There will be no cutting corners with this...ya'll think I babied my others??? HA!!!

Actually.. Thank You for the offer...But someone else wants to drive it across country for me..and may go that route.
Connie, regardless of who drives it east, wait until Spring. No telling what the roads across the mountains are like at this time of year. Best of luck bringing it back.

Oh!! Its not coming back till spring...I am in no hurry for it...but I also dont want it to be a burdun on Rob who is graciously storing it for me. I am actually going ahead and registering it and am going to send him the plates that way if its services are needed ...it can be used.This car isnt even allowed to come cross country Auto-Shipper till the snow is gone.

No-one really knows how much this coupe will be babied..Antique Plates...Garaged..It wont meet the fate of so many East Coast cars...I love these coupe too much to see another one destroyed. I should have never parted ways with my 82 GLF..I could only imagine how it would have been now if I had kept it..Look at what I did to the XT6 and that was way further gone.

I want it..I want to see it and touch it..but I also want whats best for it...and that is it staying where it is now. And I am done after this..No more...No lifted wagon until the XT6 finally dies. I wont become one of these people who keep buying and not doing anything with them. These will all have a purpose:

Hollister...Daily Driver Long haul queen.

Rocky ..fun toy play car and will drive once a week to help keep some miles off of Holly

The Coupe...my treasured show car that I have always dreamed about