Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Project EJ Hatch

Pooparu

Update: Well the weathers been very poopy around here so I haven’t been able to get much done on the hatch. Over the last week I’ve tried to find a way to mount my front bumper, but haven’t figured that out yet. I also started to run my speaker wirers from the rear to the front so I can but all of my interior back together, but my rear panels will not fit back on with the speakers I’ve installed so I’ll need to re-think my speaker mounting. I’m also working on relocating my intake to sit where the spare tire was. I should get some time this weekend to get the speakers installed and most of my interior put back together. I’ll get some more photos as soon as I do that.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Front bumper installed. I recessed it a little so that it looks a bit stubbier.

Front_Bumper.jpg

OOOoooOOOOoooo look at the pretty bumper, you should have came over and castrated the legacy with me. it was good fun. but i got to say, nothing like hanging the rump roast end out with the legacy on a turn. what good fun.

Update: So as you know I’ve mounted the front bumper and now I have the rear speakers installed with all the covers back in place. So the rear is finished up now. Oh ya, I also installed my washer fluid bottle too. Every little thing counts.

Next up: I’m going to try and tackle the push bar. It needs to be stripped, drilled, painted and installed. I’m now sure if I can afford powder coating or not. If not maybe I'll use some nice bed liner in a can. Then I can mount my lights; run all of my wires, relays and switches for that. Finally I can put my interior back together.

Stuff I still need to do: Pull transmission out so that I can try and get the thing out of 4WD if not I’ll have to get another one, Install the stereo, mount the mirrors, fix the headlights, check and see if the cooling fan will kick on, hookup my oil pressure and temperature gauges, tint the windows, weld a new hood hinge into place, re-install the front wipers and piece under the wipers, relocate the intake filter, mount new hood pins, then work out any other bugs from there.

Far future: 5 lug swap so I can mount my 2.5gt wheels and tires, fuel surge tank, EJ25 engine block, AWD conversion, LSD rear end, and whatever else I can come up with.

DSC02206.jpg

DSC02207.jpg

DSC02208.jpg

DSC02210.jpg

Update: Got the JDM fender mirror mounted today (for that Swingback look). I know I might get mixed feelings on these, but I’m a big fan of old Japanese cars and love the fender mirror look. I also got all the paint removed off of the brush guard, drilled holes for the fog lights and repainted. I’m going to let the pain cure for a day or so before I mount it up. I did test fit it before I started so I know it’ll fit. I tell ya, the paint removal wasn’t easy but it was worth it. I also got my skid plate painted with some hammer finish stuff (about 10 coats).

Mirror_1.jpg

Mirror_3.jpg

Mirror_2.jpg

Brush_1.jpg

where did you get those mirrors, and do you have a drivers side one handy? I could use one for my wagon, for when I have the doors off cuz I broke the Brat mirror I had on when I rolled it. Or I could use your old door mirrors

I think I have the old door mirror hanging around somewhere if you want them.

WHat headlights you running there poopster? im having a tuff time replacing my broken bosch replaceable's

I got them here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/82-89-SUBARU-GL-ALLIANCE-HALO-ANGEL-EYE-HID-HEADLIGHTS_W0QQitemZ300223340549QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item300223340549&

I also have my stock ones that I'll sell you for $8.00 each +shipping.