Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hello all I have a rather interesting sitaution, I have bought so far 2 subaru legacy cd player/tape deck combo with weatherband and both of them have had issues with the cd deck the first one cd's were stuck in it and the guy I bought it from sent me my money back in full, and now the second one has the same issue, and once again I getting my money back. So here is the deal I purchased them both from ebay, I am kind of disgusted with ebay at this point since I am on my second problem, they are all compatable with my year they were out of a 2000 outback. What I am looking for is some feedback on what I should do? Help me please! I want to find a tape deck/cd player with weatherband combo to swap out of my lagacy, if I buy from a dealer it is so expensive. Thanks and please advice. Oh yeah my local subaru dealer has installed both of these and found issues so I did at least go to a subaru dealer to have them installed.:mad:

Hello all I have a rather interesting sitaution, I have bought so far 2 subaru legacy cd player/tape deck combo with weatherband and both of them have had issues with the cd deck the first one cd's were stuck in it and the guy I bought it from sent me my money back in full, and now the second one has the same issue, and once again I getting my money back. So here is the deal I purchased them both from ebay, I am kind of disgusted with ebay at this point since I am on my second problem, they are all compatable with my year they were out of a 2000 outback. What I am looking for is some feedback on what I should do? Help me please! I want to find a tape deck/cd player with weatherband combo to swap out of my lagacy, if I buy from a dealer it is so expensive. Thanks and please advice. Oh yeah my local subaru dealer has installed both of these and found issues so I did at least go to a subaru dealer to have them installed.:mad:

I am not a fan of Jensen but

http://www.amazon.com/Dual-MXD55-AM-Weather-Receiver/dp/B0009SXWIU

http://www.audioallies.com/getcat.asp?Class=Marine+Audio&cat=CD+Receivers

nipper

if you want to keep the stock look then i would ask around at some of the stereo shops. some are better than just installers and could either repair them or know where to send them. i have two shops here in town who are great at this stuff so i'm sure you could find one in yers.

george

Are you looking for the weather band radio, or do yu want to have a cd player? I have a clean setup that I know works and is just siting around, but it doesn't have weather band. Just a regular radio cassette and CD combo.

...both from ebay, I am kind of disgusted with ebay at this point since I am on my second problem, they are all compatable ....:mad:

I can understand the frustration but ebay isnt the one selling you the stuff - it is just the venue - and you have recieved refunds both times...(and no, I am not promoting ebay in any way - I personally am done with them due to the recent round of policy changes)

That said, personally, i would go aftermarket. if there seems to be an issue with the stock CD player, get away from it, or as suggested, find someone that could fix it.

try one from a junk yard - find one from a wrecked vehicle - then there's little question as to why the unit is on the market.

the problem is that stereo's are a bad item to buy off ebay due to the way they fail. they often have intermittent problems or problems that only show up when it's hot or really cold...etc. those are easy items to pass off on someone else by dorks feeling okay doing that sort of things.

there's also a company in maryland that repairs subaru stereo's. i know nothing about them, but they charge $200-$250 last i saw to repair them. i'd be interested in talking to a place that does that - they likely know the common failure areas, can address them and may offer a warranty.

This may not apply for the the unit you have, and unless you are confident enough to open up a radio/cd to do some exploring. Over the years I've had the same problems with various cd players in various cars and have repaired them myself. What usually happens is that the drive belt (actually a rubber band) that either spins the turntable or operates the load/eject mechanism either breaks, slips or jumps its pulleys. Taking the old belt to a repair shop and getting a replacement cost three or four dollars. This is a job that takes some patience and such things as needle nosed pliers, dental picks and small screw drivers. Once you have the unit open you may find an obvious problem like a broken belt. If not, its best left to the professionals. Good Luck!

Are you looking for the weather band radio, or do yu want to have a cd player? I have a clean setup that I know works and is just siting around, but it doesn't have weather band. Just a regular radio cassette and CD combo.

Hey man I was wondering about your setup you have? Is it a cd player/tape deck combo with weatherband? Let me know thanks again.

Well I got in touch with the guy I bought the combo from and he is going to take it back and replace it with another one at no cost, so should I give it a chance or what? If it doesnt work I can send it back and be done. When I went to the dealer they didnt charge me either for the installtion and removal and putting the old one back in, so it was cool. So let me know peeps. thanks

The one I have is the CD tape player without the weatherband. It works great and I pulled the oold one from my wife's car to give her the six CD changer that I got. If you would like I can send you pictures of the unit.

I cn talk to my wife and she may be willing to exchange her WB radio for the nonWB radio. I'll talk to her later.

Let me know

Mike

Hey man I was wondering about your setup you have? Is it a cd player/tape deck combo with weatherband? Let me know thanks again.

Do yourself a favor and install the unit yourself. If you are patient you can get to the unit in about 15 minutes and have the whole job done in 1/2 hopur to 45 minutes. No need to spend the money to have it installed at the dealer.

there's also a company in maryland that repairs subaru stereo's. i know nothing about them, but they charge $200-$250 last i saw to repair them. i'd be interested in talking to a place that does that - they likely know the common failure areas, can address them and may offer a warranty.

Used them years ago to repair a radio from a 3000GT. Had to return it after it was repaired because it wasn't. Finally got it back. Radio worked for another 6 months and had the same original failure. Wasn't worth it in my case.

Ii have the CD/WB/FM/AM unit that I pulled from my 03 Outback. I wanted better sound so I replaced all my speakers and head unit last summer. Have been meaning to put it on craigslist but haven't got round to doing so. Let me know if you're interested and we can work out something.

Ii have the CD/WB/FM/AM unit that I pulled from my 03 Outback. I wanted better sound so I replaced all my speakers and head unit last summer. Have been meaning to put it on craigslist but haven't got round to doing so. Let me know if you're interested and we can work out something.

Sure let me know that would be great! I would appreciate it very much thanks chadwick.

The one I have is the CD tape player without the weatherband. It works great and I pulled the oold one from my wife's car to give her the six CD changer that I got. If you would like I can send you pictures of the unit.

I cn talk to my wife and she may be willing to exchange her WB radio for the nonWB radio. I'll talk to her later.

Let me know

Mike

Yes please emaill me back right away I would like to see it please and go from there to purchase it thanks again.

I need your email addy so i can send you pics of the unit. I spoke with my wife and she wants to keep the WB radio, so the pics I have are of the other unit.

well I really like the wb and I use it a lot so I want one with that, thansk for your help if you coem across anything let me know okay.

I just spoke with my wife and she said to sell it. Make me an offer for the unit or send me your email and I can try to get you pictures of it. All I have to do is swap the WB head unit for the regular one in her car. No problem.

well I really like the wb and I use it a lot so I want one with that, thansk for your help if you coem across anything let me know okay.

I just spoke with my wife and she said to sell it. Make me an offer for the unit or send me your email and I can try to get you pictures of it. All I have to do is swap the WB head unit for the regular one in her car. No problem.

I would for sure like to see the pics first if thats cool then we can talk price okay, thanks so much. I sent you a message to your inbox folder with my email address to send pics to me so I can see it .