Ultimate Subaru Message Board

pics of progress

cleaned the carpet and seats. i want to get them recovered like blue and black wrx seats:headbang:

and black carpet would be nice:grin:

ill be doin my door panels soon and my shifter boot.

dash is another need to paint item.

gt steering wheel coming soon:cool:

Please let me know what u think!!!

the blue looks really cool, especially with more done... but you gotta get the gray bits in the center console done...

how you gonna do the doors? can you use that same paint on the cloth parts? or you gonna get blue door panels to start and just do the vinyl?

--Spiffy

Haha yea I had that in mind when I took it. That's my buddy nick. I call that subaru my girl getter :lol: and my race car. He was lookin at the pic and was like damn that's a good angle. I said looks like my ru is tryin to eat you lol

In the last photo (now also the avatar), Subaru eats unsuspecting human.

the blue looks really cool, especially with more done... but you gotta get the gray bits in the center console done...

how you gonna do the doors? can you use that same paint on the cloth parts? or you gonna get blue door panels to start and just do the vinyl?

--Spiffy

I already got the center consel done lol that's not the most recent pic. I redid the top of the concel/lid black. if ur talkin about the plastic part under the stereo i didnt paint it cause the passenger side has a chunk broken off. im waiting to get a replacement...

Im gonna paint all the window switch housings black and use the blue tool dip/rubberized spray for the vinal and black for the handel/armrests. Im gonna redo the carpet on the bottom of the doors with the same material but black.

I also did my kick panels black and my glove box black.

my overhead light housing is blue and the buttons are yellow

my back hatch panel is blue up to the line then the top is yellow

im surprised that noone is givin me advice or comments thats why i posted the pics.. to see what u guys n gals think:cool:

very good paint scheme what are you gonna paint the car though

metallic grey bed liner (line-x) with the tinted windows and pugs it gonna throw people off when they see the inside all wrx'd/beat up (black n blue) and a few yellow accents.

looking good..:headbang:

what did you use for paint? cause i need to do some painting myself..

(how's that box sound?)

i used the krylon fusion for plastic. awesome looking results:) (ace hardware or wallmart)

and my box... it will make you dizzy when the windows are up and it bumpin, sounds amazing for 500 watts:lol:

ive lost 2 license plate bolts because of it :grin:

you should paint the headliner to match also :banana:

im gonna here in a few days it will require alot of paint im gonna paint a 8 inch wide strip in yellow on the back and stencil in subaru in blue:headbang: it will match the plastic on my hatch.

i might doo a door panel today to see if i like it. the rubberized paint im doing the e brake, shifter boot, top of door panels and door handels/arm rests is $10 a can:-\

but its gonna look and feel good with tool dip

i used the krylon fusion for plastic. awesome looking results:) (ace hardware or wallmart)

and my box... it will make you dizzy when the windows are up and it bumpin, sounds amazing for 500 watts:lol:

ive lost 2 license plate bolts because of it :grin:

cool..gonna have to give it a try.like i said,i got some stuff in need of matching paint.(wonder how white would look??)

myself i can't decide to build new box or buy one...

(had a cheap dual 10" box in my other 92 leg w/200 watt amp and was pushing 130 decibals..should have yours checked)

Im workin on it give me a couple of weeks. It takes tome painting the inrerior when ur car is a daily driver. And id go to stereo warehouse and buy one they are really cheap! And nice they hold up good. How do I get the db's checked?

cool..gonna have to give it a try.like i said,i got some stuff in need of matching paint.(wonder how white would look??)

myself i can't decide to build new box or buy one...

(had a cheap dual 10" box in my other 92 leg w/200 watt amp and was pushing 130 decibals..should have yours checked)

The cheapest way is o go one of the CarToys tent events where they do the Sound Off. It will yield the most accurate results.

The second way is to buy one of these

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103667&cp=&sr=1&origkw=decibel+meter&kw=decibel+meter&parentPage=search

It works but it isn't real accurate.

This one is middle of the road for accuracy but is probably the most expensive. but it also does a little more than measure SPL.

http://mobileaudiocontrol.com/product.asp?Product_Id=14152&d_Id=5250&l1=5250&l2=

Mike

anyone know how this stuff holds up? i've debated tying to help parts of my sunbaked interior with a similar product but i want to know how this stuff looks down the road.

I painted my 83 Wagon with it. Seems to stick to metal too:rolleyes:

I painted the plastic around the headlights and couldn't match the color so I just kept using it. It seems to stay on pretty good so far.

home002.jpg?t=1212386800

Jeff

anyone know how this stuff holds up? i've debated tying to help parts of my sunbaked interior with a similar product but i want to know how this stuff looks down the road.

Not to rain on this guys parade, but this stuff doesn't hold up real well over time.

I've done it for a few friends, and did some black on a couple of my rigs over some stock tan. I HATE brown interiors.:rolleyes: Anyways, with the normal use of my vehicles (things being loaded, unloaded, people getting in and out, panels getting bumped, and sometimes scraped) the paint quickly wore through, and/or chipped off of the plastic panels. I'm also pretty good about keeping things clean, and generally being careful with stuff, so it wasn't like I was abusive to this stuff. I think it would be ok in a rig that rarely gets things loaded into it, and it should work fine for pieces that don't get rubbed against, touched, move, that kind of stuff. But, I would definitley NOT reccomend it for vehicles that are used heavily, and not kept clean.

I.E. Subarus! :grin:

Sorry to bomb your thread with that man. Just wanted to answer the guys question.

It looks really nice though. It looks like you took your time, and did a good job, a rare thing to see these days! Keep up the good stuff, and keep taking pride in your work man.