Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Project Ramrod Spec C TWE Header Pics inside.

OH YEAH!!!!! Check these pics now, I owe my thanks to Merkatroid for getting me this for my graduation!!!!! (sorry the pics are not the best, Merkatroid will need to take them if you guys complain.:rolleyes: )

ChasesCarPics2005.jpg

ChasesCarPics2006.jpg

ChasesCarPics2007.jpg

ChasesCarPics2011.jpg

ChasesCarPics2001.jpg

ChasesCarPics2002.jpg

ChasesCarPics2004.jpg

and if somehow USMB crashes because of this upload... It wasnt ME!

Sorry for the huge pics too... Ill learn to downsize them a bit. Oh and minor port work will be done!

I asked Jonathan and he said "I have my sources", But he did say it was a royal pain to track these things down....

This header means, if no other problems have arisin since I got this turd, It will be fast once again! :clap:

Oh yeah, I am starting to figure out a water to air Intercooler setup on my car. Merkletron said that it would be "Ideal" for my car because of the low space it uses. So I am working to get some money to make a cheap setup that works.

Oh yeah, I am starting to figure out a water to air Intercooler setup on my car. Merkletron said that it would be "Ideal" for my car because of the low space it uses. So I am working to get some money to make a cheap setup that works.

subaru made such a beast for some it the EJ series turbo'd cars (not sure which ones, but theres lotsa people here who do) might be easier depending on availability to stick with a subie unit . . . (?)

b.t.w. congrats on the TWE'S-those look bada$$

chris

You are not the only one who shops at costco.... besides, I took them from my dad! I need to get the portwork done on this thing. I didint have time tonight, and I really really want to get this thinggy bolted on, but, I want to do it right, so I am either going to send it to get ceramic coated or wrapped or something, because my expierience with my exhaust system is to take it off as little as necessary. Dont worry I will keep full updates with more large pictures....

TWE Old School header, Must have function on forum for mods list!!!

Caboob, you want to forward that info to me?

Beataru - Would it be a real TWE part, or a copy? I would pay that for a TWE part, but more like $200 for a copy. It would have to be stainless and mandrel bent.

I'll have to see if I can dig it out IF I still have it. I got it a couple years ago because I was going to get one for my old RX but never did:rolleyes:

So IF I still have the info somewhere, I'll get it dug out and PM'd to you about it.

Hi all , thanks for the pics . We are going to be making an EA82T header in the future for my RX sedan build .

I like the idea of the engine pipes merging as close to the turbo as practically possible . It makes me wonder how separate pipes and a twin scroll turbo like a VF38 would go .

Can you tell me what tube size is used in those headers please , we were contemplating using 1.75" but it never hurts to compare ideas with others .

Thanks all , cheers Adrian in Australia .

Beataru - Would it be a real TWE part, or a copy? I would pay that for a TWE part, but more like $200 for a copy. It would have to be stainless and mandrel bent.

these are not mandrel bent, they are pie cut, which is better. and they would be full t304 stainless, pie cut... its just an Idea nothing sinister.

Ill post the sizes in a bit, dinner time. If they were ceramic coated from us, it would be much more $, speaking of which I think I may do the same to mine.

Ok, the size looks to be about 1-3/4" pipe. Twin Scroll would be great, but only if you had a twinscroll exhaust housing.

these are not mandrel bent, they are pie cut, which is better.

Lies. What angle are the pie pieces welded at? Anything more than 14 degrees will cause flow seperation on the inside of the radius, reducing the velocity of the exhaust gas column and thus lowering HP potential.

It would not be a TWE, and it would not be 200 bucks i mean, this isnt SSAutochrome we are talking about here. The reason I am asking for a price is because I have a friend in Washington state who makes the bees knees in headers, and trust me they are not cheap. 200 dollars would not cover the cost for stainless, let alone someone tig welding it, pie cutting it and bending it, and then to ceramic coat it. No one said tuning a car is cheap, except the ones who dont have a fast car.

No one said tuning a car is cheap, except the ones who dont have a fast car.

I'll be at WCSS10 this year in my cheap (fast) wagon, waiting to race... :lol:

Anyway, if they aren't stainless I'll pass. I would only be getting one to slap on a dyno and compare to my header (stainless). If it won't outlast the one I have on there, there is no point in getting one.

Oh i dont believe in not being stainless.

from my downpipe to the tail is stainless on my car. well, now it will all be stainless. yay for me!!!

So things to buy list,

New Radiator

New front Axles but that can wait

New expensive TD04 gaskets, and header gaskets

Stainless 3 in, and 2 in

and of course, premium fuel once again

these are not mandrel bent, they are pie cut, which is better. and they would be full t304 stainless, pie cut... its just an Idea nothing sinister.

Ill post the sizes in a bit, dinner time. If they were ceramic coated from us, it would be much more $, speaking of which I think I may do the same to mine.

Ok, the size looks to be about 1-3/4" pipe. Twin Scroll would be great, but only if you had a twinscroll exhaust housing.

You've got me interested. Just plain SS for me, I'll wrap them afterwards.

I dont feel like ceramic coating it anymore, my machinest buddy said dont spend the money on it, it will be fine, and I guess all things considered, my car is not a supra killer (unless theres snow). SO I am going to begin teardown as soon as I get the gaskets ordered. by the way, td04 gaskets are spensive!

Looks great bro!:banana:

I can't wait to get back stateside so that I can work on my GL-10. I plan on revamping the exhaust(including getting a custom made header), among other things(*sighs at having to shell out cash for another engine*:rolleyes:). I am also planning on getting 280Z injectors and a Walbro fuel pump. I think the limiting factor for me will be the stock VF7 as I don't plan on changing it unless I can find a spiffy deal on a TD04.

Patrick

Looks great bro!:banana:

I can't wait to get back stateside so that I can work on my GL-10. I plan on revamping the exhaust(including getting a custom made header), among other things(*sighs at having to shell out cash for another engine*:rolleyes:). I am also planning on getting 280Z injectors and a Walbro fuel pump. I think the limiting factor for me will be the stock VF7 as I don't plan on changing it unless I can find a spiffy deal on a TD04.

Patrick

You should be able to find a td04 around 100-250 bucks, above 200 is pushing it though. And they are all over, ie ebay or nasioc or rs25. One just went for $50 on rs25

Well, looks like My downpipe wont be going on quite yet!!! My flange is the one for the old turbo, so I am going to have to figure that one out. But the good news is I have my gaskets ordered and they will be here monday around 5, so I will tear this thing down probably tomarrow, and see if this turd fits.

The downpipe will make it louder, and sound better, but all I am after right now is stock power :banana:

UPDATE:

I just ordered my 2 row radiator online (for non turbo) because its freaking hot in az, and I went to the store to get a kiddie pool for my golden, and when I went back to my car it looked like the radiator exploaded it was leaking so bad.

So 136.30 later, and who knows how long, I will have a brand new hard to squeeze radiator in my beast.

I have not taken the old header out yet, but I will do It soon, lack of motivation :lol:, and extreme fear of having yet more exhaust problems that you guys probably remember.

Ill update this as I go.

• 1 month later...

heres the update, nothing has happend much, I have to grind away some metal on my header flanges because my some of my exhaust studs are a tiny bit sideways, so the header wont fit. This car loves me alot, I jacked the engine up out of the motormount bolt holes, and as soon as I do it, I get coolant leaking on my face from the general area of the water pump... Looks like if I ever get this piece running again it will be time to do a waterpump and every other piece of crap behind those covers... yay for me... I did get the wrx downpipe welded with an 02 sensor bung, so thats one thing going for me.

It takes a long time to grind away at these flanges, there super hard.

So if this header does fit, I still need to get a new radiator oh yeah, my passenger side radiator fans electric connector separated from the wires, so that will need to be fixed, I cant seem to get my oil cooler to fit with this new header, and when I tried to remove it, it doesnt want to budge, so its telling me that I am going to need to find away to use it still :). oh well heres a couple of pics to show how it sits....

DSCF0035.jpg

DSCF0037.jpg