Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The Wagon Rocks!!!

A new neighbor came over today. He has stuck two trucks in his back yard. It rained on Friday night, and the ground around here does not drain very fast. His whole back yard was almost a swamp. He stuck a Ford Explorer, and when his friend tried to get him out with his S10 Blazer, he also got stuck. He wanted me to use my tractor to pull him out but, the last time I tried to pull anyone out with the tractor, all I did was mess up his yard. I took my '87 Wagon down and pulled them both out like I was driving on dry pavement. I think I was even more impressed than they were. Just one more reason to keep this car on the road for ever, no matter what the cost.

Yeah! I pulled out a few cars in my 87 wagon! A newer s10 and a 2006 honda crv! Should have seen the look on their faces when I got them out! You cannot move a 20 yard dumpster on dry concrete, even empty, though,....maybe on snow, like the others.....:lol:

OK, tonight while getting ready for bed, another nieghbor called because he was stuck. Mid 90's Lincoln Town car. He had buried it up to the wheels in wet grass and mud. I got my chains out, went over and pulled him out with no problems. I say again, this is the best car that I have EVER owned. I works every time. It does whatever I want and need it to do. I will keep this car for as long as there are parts to repair it, and keep it on the road.

My friend is storing my 84 Wagon that I picked up from Cyberbackpacker and has been using it around his property occasionally to do things. As he tells me his son brought up his 72 Nova on a car trailer behind his older Mazda p/u but could not get up the private road to the house. The road is steep but not too bad. So, my friend grabs Ol Blue and drives down to meet him and see what can be done. Mind you Ol Blue likes to run hot. My friend hooks up the Mazda WITH trailer to the back of Ol Blue and starts to pull them up the hill. Ol Blue's radiator didn't like it too much and split apart :( . So my friend walks up to his place and grabs a spare radiator he had and proceeds to replace it. Plugged everything back up and Ol Blue pulled the Mazda and trailer with Nova up the rest of the way with no problems :banana: . Wish I had been there to see it and witness the power of Ol Blue's 275k mile EA81 pulling both vehicles up the road.