Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Apparently I am an eBay liar..

Nothing greater than being insulted on the internet:

you have replaced too many things for me!!!

And some things twice...

Sorry, I CAN'T believe anything you say...

- armtuse

Here is what I said back:

I am sorry you can't believe me. One can replace things twice when you buy a parts Brat with 65k miles. I don't have a reason to cheat anybody, I wouldn't have listed real mileage if I did. I could have easily just told you it had 72k on the odometer. Most of the parts that I have replaced twice are junk Auto Zone parts, like the CV axle and radiator cap. First Auto Zone axle on left knocked while doing straight acceleration and caused brand new wheel bearings to wear out in a year and a half time. I went with a private manufacturer that I read about on my Subaru board and purchased one from him that is of higher quality. I was angry when the Subaru thermostat went bad this spring, I had replaced it a year before. The purpose of the list was to show how meticulous of a owner I am, and to document my share in the restoration process. I am not a liar/cheater.

I guess I should not have even documented any of my work if the validity of it was going to be called out over the internet. Most of you all have helped me with Brat problems and have seen the list, was it that hard to believe?

Yeah, I'd just ignore the person. Nothing to get upset about really. There are people out there that think any car with over 100k is junk. Just more cars available at a better price for me! This guy apparently thinks the mileage is directly correlated to the amount of parts that must be replaced. :rolleyes:

Lol, yes cars are flawless. No need to replace parts.

You can't replace parts twice because it causes a paradox in time.

Things don't break/wear so why replace them more then once, hell why replace them at all.

I got a call from a guy interested in buying my Mercedes tonight. He couldn't figure out how I fixed all the things on it myself without being a professional mechanic? Some people just have no clue

But are your pants on fire?

:lol:

Basically i take them with a grain of salt. It's just like anyone who deals with the public, no one is going to be 100% satisified, but when it dips down below 95% then i will think twice about them.

nipper

Reading what that tool said made me mad. After all the work we do on these cars and some jerk wants to nag . Half the time I'm afraid to sell to someone cause I figure they barely know how to check the oil and they will never be happy or able to keep an old car on the road.

Try selling on Craigslist next time.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/search/car?query=vw&minAsk=min&maxAsk=max&addTwo=

Seems like the buyers are cooler and its free.,