Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I'm Back, or something like that

I've not been Subaru-less, Just on the bike for everything that doesn't require four wheels, which for the last 2.5 years has only been about 3 trips to work and 2 trips over the mountains.

Anyway, The WCSS X has got me excited about subarus again, (must have been the excellent committe that put it together, excellent job guys and gals :headbang: )

Got some stuff to sort out on my 88 wagon, theres a Brat in Oak Harbour that has some way overdue love coming its way and then i'll be able to start on an as yet un aquired project.

Aaron in Portland has graciously decided to part ways with one of his older subie wagons, so shortly i'll be making a trip down to the PDX to take a look at some cars and figure out which color is best for Katie ( It won't be hers, but girls are better with colors, whats a guy to do?) I'm thinking a swap to an EA-81 based on resonable parts availability, and the fact that i have a CCR engine sitting in my parents garage in San Diego with an RX tranny just begging to be put into something.

So, I'm sorry for just up and leaving you all like that 2 years ago :-\ But hopefully you'll all forgive and forget.

BTW, if anyone has stuck an EA-81 into a late 70's wagon and has any pertinent info on what i should look out for, or if its even possible feel free to let me know, if i have to chop framerails that might determine which car i choose (i wouldn't choose the prettiest one in that case)

And if anyone is coming up from San Diego to Seattle, or even to Portland and wants to load up an engine and tranny before you go i'd be much appreciative, and of course willing to pay. I even have a set of gen 1 forester steel wheels if that would sweeten the pot.

CCR is a Subaru only engine rebuilder in Colorado, probably one of the best for subarus.

What does it need, well, to start, it could use a better exhaust, which i might be getting for doing some work on the brat in Oak Harbor. Its running an MRT 2.5rs Rally header from Australia, which makes my ground clearance about as bad as a 93 civic with chopped coils. I'm planning on swapping to a turbo header off of a 2.0T to keep it tucked up out of the way. (no turbo though, i don't like suprize power when i'm wheeling)

After that, the front suspension could use some work, I need coilovers to fit the swampers, the stock impreza coil perch rubs the tires, I have a horrible camber problem and need that sorted out along with the skid plate issue that i've yet to solve, but i do have a street sign collecting dust in the basement, so that problem might be solved.

Cooling has always been an issue with it, i used the thick pipe not copper when i made an adapter for the radiator, so i'd like to swap to thin wall copper before i drive it too much, and then add another fan.

Powersteering is also a minor SNAFU, it either needs new lines to the pump and a way to get the legacy pump to work with the EA rack, or i need a non power rack, which would be just fine too.

Oh, and the gauge lights don't work, along with the tail lights, and the horn comes on intermittantly when i'm not in the car.

Other than that she's a real peach :cool:

Welcome back Noah. Was real good seeing you at the show this year. I was almost positive you and Austin weren't going to make it, and had given up on us for your newfound two-wheeled friends.

No matter how far i stray from Subies, i'll still be at the show, and i'll still renew my USMB donation every year. It stopped being about the cars long ago, and has been about the people ever since.

Hey Noah,

It was nice to meet You & Austin at the show. Glad to meet everyone who had a hand in building the water wagon.

I would be interested in hiring you to help me sort out the EJ wiring. So far it has been reliable as is, but I feel as though it may be hazardous.

Let me know what you think.

Getting one of Aaron's oldies is kick rump roast!

Robert