Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Looking for a Subaru part #

Hi All<

Could please use some help. I had the small coolant hose that runs from the thermostat housing over to the midway point on top of the block, finally fail on my 92 Loyale 1.8L spfi. I stopped into the dealership to order one and there parts pics on computer is terrible and poorly vague. The parts rep was getting annoyed with the pics and telling me that it must be obsolete. He took my name phone# and said he would call Subaru parts helpline? and get back with me. That was Friday. I would like to get the factory pre-formed since it has a couple of bends. Anyone have their hands on a Subaru parts book that could look up this number for me? I`d really appreciate any help that can be spared...Ronan

I can get it later tonight for you. Although it's probably cheaper to just use appropriately sized common fuel line - you can get it by the foot nearly anywhere. Or you could get some fancy silicone tubing and use that - the nice thing about the silicone is that it's available in metric sizes online and it will bend and conform to any shape you could want. It's also more heat resistance than rubber hose.

GD

Thanxxx for looking, I stopped into the dealership again and they said that they were just getting ready to call and tell me that Subaru claims that hose is obsolete and to retrofit with a aftermarket temp/pressure hose, so I`ll look into some fuel line or coolant line of comparable size. Thanxxx again...Ronan

• 2 months later...
I had bad luck with fuel line. If you use it, check it often. It will work for a while.

NAPA has small diameter coolant hose that will work for that line. I think I used 1/4" for that one.

I bought three feet at NAPA.

That hose was 8mm on a 86 GL EA-82 I got for a guy.

NAPA BELTS/HOSE 5/16 INCH (8.0mm) HEATER HOSE MADE IN U.S.A. GL11066 Y2312. That's what is printed on it.

But the OP wants a factory hose.

Doug