Ultimate Subaru Message Board

santa clause brought something to mick

ok ive got to ask, how much did you get it for and how much are you getting rid of it for. Since its a gen1 brat i bet restored it would fetch a pretty penny. Say, now youve got something to put those gen1 bratrails youve been trying to get rid of.

Well, it was less than my '72 Chevy :)

this is the most expensive Gen1 I've purchased....

Past Gen1s I've had.

1980 Brat - $250 (drove for a while, then sold)

1979 Brat - $150 (parted out)

1978 Brat - $50 (did lots of work on, drove, then sold)

1978 4 door sedan - $300 (drove, then parted out. one of it's seat belts keeps my son safely in place in the Brat GoKart :) )

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

after the tire re-seal, and exhaust "fix" it'll be run the rest of the winter occasionally just as it is... rust repair next summer...

I may just set it in my backyard for the winter too.... will depend on if there's anything else that might be needed....

ok ive got to ask, how much did you get it for and how much are you getting rid of it for. Since its a gen1 brat i bet restored it would fetch a pretty penny. Say, now youve got something to put those gen1 brat bed rails youve been trying to get rid of.

ahh yes, I had forgotten about my Gen1 Bed Rails... thos will look really slick on this....

The only other Gen1 parts I have, is a set of door glass, and the push bar...

As far as how much am I getting rid of it for....

Everything has a price :)

But I really need to get rid of my '70 C-10 first :) ... or I wonder if the 350 would fit in here... :lol:

Looks like the one Indy's gonna learn how to work on. First car for the boy? It's just his size. You know you don't like driving it, those cars were made for people much more height challenged than the likes of us. . .

Well, first car for Indy is supposed to be the '86 blue Brat... but this may be the first beater for him :)

it's not my heigh that's the problem :lol: in a Gen1... it's the extra person wrapped around my midsection :grin:

at least the Gen1 Brat isn't too bad. getting into the 78 4 door I had... now that was interesting....

got my plates on, and aired up the low tire and took it for a spin last night...

nothing like loud cackling/popping from under the cab because of the exhaust leak :) to help alert the neighbors your coming through

and the miniscule exhaust piping size on these always makes me laugh....

has a slight pull to left, but probably because of the tire

shifter has like 6-8" of lateral movement when in 1st gear. way sloppy. but still able to shift okay into all gears...

idle is still a little high, but the carb needs a good cleaning. runs great at part throttle but wide open, it stumbles... just like my first Brat :lol:

heat really works good, but it's constantly running through the heater core. the valve was not working properly so it was bypassed. the stock fan control is also not working. that's what the red toggle is for next to the radio...

DON'T listen to him!!

now you have something you can put the built ea81 in :burnout:

or just leave it as ea71 :)

the built ea81 is staying in the redbrat. no need to go to EJ22 any more, plus it won't fit anymore :)

the 78 will stay ea71....

well, took it today and got complete new exhaust on it. $212. :banana:

took some carb cleaner to it, and tried to set it a little better. still idles a bit high...

put on a different shift knob, and spent $10.00 at the car wash getting all the black gunk off from sitting.

Bed cleaned up nicely, and is in good shape...

I put a can of seafoam in tha tank, along with some heet....

it's starting to run better already.... need to get some fresh gas in there, and get the oil changed....

I've got too many projects to make this one a restoration... it's just a driver... unless someone else want to restore it....