Ultimate Subaru Message Board

????? is there a new brat not the baja

I don't think Subaru will make a new brat anytime soon:( they don't even offer a 2dr car anymore. The Baja was a sales bomb and even though they are kind of neat sales numbers are what keep cars around the dealerships. Some really good cars have been killed off because of this.

Before the Subaru Baja Project, it was a Prototype Pick Up Subaru (I Believe it was Based on the impreza) Called the Subaru Suiren. (to see More Pictures and info about Subaru Prototypes, see

This Thread)

Some Aftermarket Shops, offer an Impreza Based Pick Up too:

SubaruBrat2-02.jpg?t=1231396850

SubaruBrat2-01.jpg?t=1231396927

it will be a Good Idea for Subaru to make another "Legend Reborn" with a New Brat!

yes it would, but they would need to make it offroad capable...not some low riding low to ground sports car with wide low profile tires. but that would not sell to any of the kids out there......they also need cd players, tv screens, amplifiers, etc etc etc.

Subaru, please, make a BRAT, with a small 1.8 with dual high and low, and some standard 15" tires, no ground effects lip, lsd rear, funtops, with winch

yes it would, but they would need to make it offroad capable...not some low riding low to ground sports car with wide low profile tires. but that would not sell to any of the kids out there......they also need cd players, tv screens, amplifiers, etc etc etc.

Subaru, please, make a BRAT, with a small 1.8 with dual high and low, and some standard 15" tires, no ground effects lip, lsd rear, funtops, with winch

Agreee, it would be great if Subaru created a Brat to your description. At this time about the only vehicle currently for sale that comes close would be a Jeep Wrangler.

Subaru has no intentions of coming out with another truck type vehicle. They claim the Baja was a flop for them, althou my local dealers couldnt keep them in stock. The issue with the Baja is that is actually cost Subaru more money to make it, then they were making off the Legacy, and both had a very simalar price tag. They were taking regular production Legacys off the assembly line, and then converting them to a Baja.

I would love to get my hands on a baja turbo. But I cant drive one. I am so tall, and since ALL baja's came with a sunroof, my head hits the dang thing. So, the wife wants me to get her either a Pontiac Aztek AWD, or a Subaru Baja. And althou I love the Baja, the Aztek is more affordable, and I can actually drive one.

And with Toyota having the minor interest in the company, I dont see it happening.

Edited by Pontiac6KSTEAWD

• 1 year later...

Before the Subaru Baja Project, it was a Prototype Pick Up Subaru (I Believe it was Based on the impreza) Called the Subaru Suiren...

Please Visit This Thread: (

Click Here) To Find More Pictures and information about All the Subaru Prototypes, etc...

Here a Pic from the Subaru Suiren:

SubaruSuiren3.gif?t=1287031148

(there are More on that Thread, on Post Nº 651)

Kind Regards.

You could easily put an outback kyb strut w/ king 2" lift springs and 2" lift blocks and taller more narrow tires to make it off-road capable. They could do a "sporty" model like pictured and an "outback" model for you off-roaders. STi drivetrain in the "sporty" model and dual range trans in the "outback" model. That would be so Win.