Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Alright.... new project

Well, I've got not quite what you're looking for, but it may fit the bill.

I have 79' Brat with a perfectly good ea71 that turns over but won't ignite. It ran when parked. The body is essentially dead, :dead: but the bed is immaculate. I have a canopy that fits that I'm selling separately if you just want to use the brat. The transfer case is shot but it still drives in fwd and it still has the original interior. I'll post pics when I can unbury it.

would a FWD hatch hook up with a ej swap !O.o! could you imagine a light hatch like that with what 150 horse?

I can. Most EJ swaps are front wheel drive with a 4wd option, but you run around on the streets in FWD. It's not too bad hooking up. Check out my link below and you'll see my EJ Hatch that I built.

would a FWD hatch hook up with a ej swap !O.o! could you imagine a light hatch like that with what 150 horse?

Yes! ... I Believe that could be Done... (I Remember some old Threads About) ...The EJ Engine is Wider than the Stock EA So it will Reach very Close to the Frame`s Sides; and to Fit it to the Gearbox You`ll Need an Adaptor... Also You must Keep all the EJ`s Donor Car Wires...

Let`s the EJ Swap Experts Tell us Better! :)

Yes! ... I Believe that could be Done... (I Remember some old Threads About) ...The EJ Engine is Wider than the Stock EA So it will Reach very Close to the Frame`s Sides; and to Fit it to the Gearbox You`ll Need an Adaptor... Also You must Keep all the EJ`s Donor Car Wires...

Let`s the EJ Swap Experts Tell us Better! :)

that's backwards ej is longer but EA is wider because of the cam cases.

the physical fitting will be easy!

and the adaptor plate should work fin on FWD!