Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New member to my Stable. Lego! New Pics pg 3

Saturday, myself ..with the help of njdrsubaru went to look at a possible future Pine Barrens ride. A 95 Legacy LS wagon the seller said needed a tranny. It was a make offer car and we had given a tentative sight unseen offer which the seller accepted. We go to Northern NJ Sat during the snow to see the car. I let Neo have his head since he definately knows his way around a legacy and is extremelt thorough. Hooked up his tester to see why the check engine light is on.. was all over the car checking everything imaginable. All of which I fully appreciate cause he really doesnt have to.

Anyway..it does need a good bit of work but maybe by early summer it will be ready for some mild romps in the Pine Barrens..It will clean up nicely and best of all..ended up getting it for $250.

Good:

Body very solid..minor scraps and next to no rust

motor starts right up and runs strong..as a slight misfire on cyl 2

new Cats..timing belts..tires and alt prbably some more that I cant think of.

Interior Mint.

its White!! I love white wagons!

The Bad..

Has some rear subframe rust..will need addressed.

Tranny is iffy..may need to swap it.. yet on test drive it did shift but fluids extremely burnt

Front diff was dry

aweful clunking coming from the front..could be diff or could be something in the brakes or the axles but it cannot be driven .

Basically with a few weekends and a couple trips to Harrys ..we think I will have my future lifted wagon...its not an EA82 but in these parts they are as rare as hens teeth.

Kind of planning on twinning it to Neos 95 after seeing how capable that car is. Thank You Neo..your the bestest!!

Here are a couple pics..more to come once it gets to my house and we start the work:

IMG_3411.jpg

IMG_3413.jpg

alittle dirty:

IMG_3412.jpg

Edited by Bucky92

Nice, that is $250 well spent! How much lift are we talking?

Will-

For now its just going to get Outback struts ..that will give it a couple inches...maybe ..if I can afford them I will go with the King Springs that adds some really nice lift. I also plan on using the car some to help keep miles off my Imp... 30K in a year is far too much.

I also plan on using the car some to help keep miles off my Imp... 30K in a year is far too much.

Yeah tell me about it, my 100 mile a day commute plus all the camping trips I take in far away states is really racking up the miles on my '96 OBW (I'll be breaking 200k before my next oil change and I've put 80k on it since I bought it in late 2006!!). This car is a road-dog, more Hulk Hogan and Less Fabio in the looks department so it'll get driven 'till the wheels fall off.

Be sure to post pics of the lift (as if I need to say it:grin:)

Will-

i think she is ugly.you deserve better.:lol:(i hate you)i want a 250$ legacy.:-\kidding. good luck with it,thats awesome ,nothing like another car to take your mind off of other cars...oh yeah,(points finger)JUNKIE...........cheers, good find connie and neo!brian

Edited by monstaru
connies junkiism

Hey Connie, If you are interested I can send you all the blocks from my Outback part-out that lift the body from the subframes, and the bolts, for just the price of shipping. I also have the control arms for front and rear, but I dont know If I want to ship those... The struts are taken already. Let me know! Also I *might* build some 4 inch lift kits based on that outback as well, but prolly not for a while.

-Bill

Hey Connie, If you are interested I can send you all the blocks from my Outback part-out that lift the body from the subframes, and the bolts, for just the price of shipping. I also have the control arms for front and rear, but I dont know If I want to ship those... The struts are taken already. Let me know! Also I *might* build some 4 inch lift kits based on that outback as well, but prolly not for a while.

-Bill

My partner in this project said yes..:grin::grin::grin::grin: on the blocks..we already have the struts..and can get the other stuff from Harrys. What do you think the shipping will be to 06776?? I can paypal you or whatever on friday.

Thanks!!!

( cant wait to get her here and start going over her!)

-Bill

What a guy! That's awesome, so it will actually be an outback without the paint scheme!