Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Oh thanks...

I'm not sure what it is, I don't know brats... but I saw that post on making an extended cab brat and thought that was 'bout the coolest thing I'd ever seen.

It caught my eye because I drive by it every day and it hasn't moved in months, if not years! The body is root beer brown with the BRAT orange and white swoosh running up the side. The body is very clean, only a dented right front fender, and it looked like something I could pop out pretty easily. Other than that, all I noticed was a 'dl' badge on the tailgate and that the bed and gate were in better shape than my F-250. No t-tops or jump seats. Thinking it might be an '85, but I couldn't see the front. I'm hoping to track down the owner and see if I can get it for a few hundred bucks.

The joke is that for the last month I was fixated on an XT6 in Montana... last week a cheap Legacy wagon here in my town...

I truly blame this board for making me notice every potentially abandoned Subaru in a 50 mile radius... I see myself with 3 or 4 Suubies - none of them running, all of them 'in work'! :rolleyes:

Well i can vouch for the obcession over subarus but a brat is hard to pass up. There kinda a rairty in good shape. You should be all over this one.

well put. The nice BRATs should not be passed up when they come up for sale. Will NEVER loose money on a nice one. collector cult status.

I think that's why it caught my eye - it's pretty sharp. There are so many old subarii here, they just stay on the road forever - even when there are holes rusted through them.

The practicality of having a Brat appeals to me. I could have a smaller 4x4 for tight roads/trails, great fuel economy and still carry my ghetto quad for camping or hunting. It makes too much sense to have that stashed in my car port than my F-250 XLT King Cab Long Bed... (14mpg highway) ((with a tailwind))

true the F250 I purpose built for towing... but the brat could be a daily driver.

phew- thanks gang - now i have to follow up on it