Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I guess I am back in the ea82 world!

$250 I ended up with another soob... I think this is #10 overall and #4 in my current fleet right now.

86 3door GL 4wd with 5sp Hi/Lo. I guess the only downer is that its ea82 Carby. BUT LOOK THE REAR LIFT STRUTS STILL WORK!! My plans are to make this one my daily driver, because it wont be very fast but it will be efficient with that ea82C in there. Since its ea82, parts are a lot easier to find for it as well

The kid who owned it didn't really take care of it :-\ so I have my list of problems. Engine needs a reseal if nothing else. Electrical system has been screwed with (and that REALLY scares me). Brake pedal sinks, and the brakes in general are scary. Needs new tires.

picture.php?albumid=104&pictureid=797

picture.php?albumid=104&pictureid=796

picture.php?albumid=104&pictureid=798

picture.php?albumid=104&pictureid=799

picture.php?albumid=104&pictureid=800

That is a Nice Subie to Use as Daily Driver... Don`t be Afraid to Fix Electrical Systems... There are some great Writeups at the USRM.

Since it`s Carbed, if After Reseal the Engine, the Craptachi Carb it has doesn`t gives Good Performance, I Suggest you to Weber it! ... But the Thing to Start is the Brakes, Take your Time to fix that First.

Good Luck!

nice i have fallen in love with the 3door mine is gonna be sooo sweet your lucky to have found one thats already 4x4 i am converting mine but i have the kick rump roast quad headlights i love having all those watts out front :) mines the DL i hope you enjoy it i cant wait to get mine back on the road with the EJ :)

where in the (*&^ do you guys keep finding this stuff?

Hey in our state they have been all over creigs list I have found (not bought all) at least 10 under 500 in the last 3 months that have all ran and did not have major problems

I pulled the engine today.. and found grease everywhere. (oh and there was a motor in there too)

anyway.. it took me 71 minutes from driving up to garage where car is to motor hanging from cherry picker outside of engine bay.:lol: I feel like a slacker, -it made me late for my dance lesson.

Problem with the engine is that the tensioner was worn out on passenger side timing belt and the belt jumped a tooth.

I'll spend $100 and have the valves and seats dressed.

Electrical problems are really my specialty, I am just scared of what ghettoness I will find. (this subaru had a SIDE post battery in it... which is ok I guess, but this was still using the TOP post terminals...:eek:)

if you look in the engine bay picture.. that blue wire is the only wire coming off of the battery, like a 12 awg wire, and yes, it provides the source V+ for the starter. *shudders*

Does anyone know if an ea81 steering wheel will fit on an ea82 btw?