Ultimate Subaru Message Board

So I made this jig for the CNC...

and now it would appear that I can drill/machine wheels...:banana:

picture.php?albumid=98&pictureid=834

What is really nice is that I get it on exact center with the hub centric.

The face angle cutter allows me to cut into the two recycled holes and change the 139.7mm to exactly 140 mm diameter. No worrying about freeway vibrations!

I left plenty of room on my jig so I can drill other holes in my jig for non 6-lug bolt patterns. I'm going to do some searching at the junkyards for some pretty aluminum alloys. If I can find sets that dont have the casting "hollowed" on the back side inbetween the original bolt pattern, then I can redrill accordingly. (and also mill out the hub centric cause a lot of things have a smaller diameter)

age old arguement,had both on the brat and never had a problem with either.

its all nice and neat that you have access to machine parts ,but you can do this with some careful measuring and a good drillbit too.

cheers, brian

thats cool and all but i would rather re drill the factory hubs to 6lug, it looks so much better and is stronger then re drilling the rims.

age old arguement,had both on the brat and never had a problem with either.

its all nice and neat that you have access to machine parts ,but you can do this with some careful measuring and a good drillbit too.

cheers, brian

Can you buy a drill bit with a 60 degree tip?

Anyway, moreso what I was interested in, is that I can drill other bolt patterns to the jig, and re-drill wheels other than 6x5.5 to 4x140. I'm wonderin about maybe something like 4x100 or 5x100 and making a small hub cap that would cover that bolt pattern after being redrilled

-Mike

i am not bashin,i just think that people get to caught upin.."oh, i have to have a machine shop do this" kinda attitude , and it is very apprehensive for them.

i just wanted to point out that you do not need a mill to do rims, or hubs.just some careful measurements,and nice drillbits

bixby tool has countersinks with a 60* tip........

and it would be rad to be able to drill other rims.....but i would rather have hubs drilled for somethin other than 6 lug...........what about that?cheers, brian

Edited by monstaru

Can you buy a drill bit with a 60 degree tip?

Anyway, moreso what I was interested in, is that I can drill other bolt patterns to the jig, and re-drill wheels other than 6x5.5 to 4x140. I'm wonderin about maybe something like 4x100 or 5x100 and making a small hub cap that would cover that bolt pattern after being redrilled

-Mike

the Hubs are the strongest with the stock holes and studs, the fronts are stronger then the back , when you drill new holes they are now placed in the thinner unbraced part of the casting, so its nice keeping with at least 2 of the original holes/studs wich happens with the 6 bolt hub mod, now looking at these hubs the rear has a lot of meat if you went with a smaller bolt circle the fronts have those 4 indents for the disc bilts you have to deal with 4 x 100 may work , keep us updated

DSC02500.jpg