Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Maybe a dumb question but........Gen1 EA81 stuff....

I know that some gen1 brats came with an EA81 and a D/R in 1981, I was wondering if some came with a S/R trans?????? I got one today but I don't think it has a D/R in it. but it does have an EA81 and the starter is off to the side............................

Jeff

starting in 1981, all GL 4WD's got the D/R and ea81. and that was the only Gen1 Brat to get it stock. all other Gen1's came with ea71 and S/R from the factory.

But people have been swapping parts around long before us :)

peer down to the upper passenger side of the transmission case. Kinda near where the dipstick tube is you should be able to see one end of the pushrod for the "low gear" shift fork

Here's a pic of an RX FT4wd, but the idea of what the pushrod for low gear looks like is the same:

picture.php?albumid=98&pictureid=1002

Right on I know it has the EA81 in it but the car is so rusted out that the drives seat fell through and landed on the ground...not joking...,So I think that the linkage might be gummed up or something,I hope.......

Jeff