Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Turbo question

workin on 86 ea82t with 42/48 garret,audi ewg, 2.25 uppipe.

Its a silly question but i forgot where the oil return line goes. I took a picture and labled the lines i have. could you guys tell me if it is correct?:confused:

oilLines.jpg

I tried searching all afternoon and have found only a description of the turbo oil and coolant lines of where they run to the head.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Black hose goes to the pipe on the thermostat housing (Coolant return line)

Red hose goes to the pipe that sticks up on the back of the head (Oil return)

Braided line needs to go to a fitting on the back side of the head.

Nice seats.

I think you need bigger speakers in the back :-p

Hi. Guys, I agree . Passanger side, @ rear of head. I'd like to hear how this turbo works. Question, if I'm lookin' at this picture right, don't you need to clock the bearing section so the oil return is at the bottom and won't overwhelm the shaft seals. I may be missing something. S.W.

The gauge pod was from ebay, it fits 2.16 in gauges and is only painted to look like carbon fiber lol. it does kinda block the trip computer but id rather have the gauges there instead of on the pillar :)

steve thats a good question, idk if i should clock it 90'. it seems to make sense to do it that way.

DOES ANYONE ELSE KNOW IF IT WOULD BE WISE TO ROTATE THE BEARING PART SO THE RETURN IS POINTING DOWN?:confused:

I dont plan on pushing alot of boost, 12 at the most, maybe it will work?

it will still be a while before it gets close to being started though so no rush on the answer.

Twitch, TURBO BRAT WOULD LOTS OF FUN! LOL:lol:

P.S. I got a DIY intercooler kit plus sequential bov, its almost all there just gonna cut two to get it to go through the fender well not over it lol :banana:

Quickclick040.jpg

Quickclick051.jpg

Thats a good question, idk if i should clock it 90'. it seems to make sense to do it that way.

DOES ANYONE ELSE KNOW IF IT WOULD BE WISE TO ROTATE THE BEARING PART SO THE RETURN IS POINTING DOWN?:confused:

I dont plan on pushing alot of boost, 12 at the most, maybe it will work?

:confused:

Quickclick040.jpg:grin: Shiny.

Here is what the original IHI turbo looks like compared to the air research .48,

IHI on the left and .48 on the right :)

Quickclick131.jpg

sorry for the sloppy pics but all i own is my cell phone camera :banghead:

Quickclick018-1.jpg

Here you can see how i plumbed the valve breather to a tiny air breather that is a "mini me" of the actual cone airfilter that is going on:banana:

:dead: Doeh! lol i should know this after owning a 97 eclipse gst that was only oil cooled, it requires a turbo timer that times the ignition to stay on for X amount of time = to the last temp reading from the block, thus saving the turbo from cooking! :rolleyes: just had to change the light bulb over my head:grin:

Thanx for reminding me lol

Well i got sick sunday and went to work monday anyways and got even worse :( too sick to turn wrenches too. so im stuck at home with no PB blaster or wd40 for loosening turbo bolts. but before taking the turbo apart i need to know what not to do, i know that i dont want the turbines to seperate. guess ill try the handy dandy search function lol

• 2 weeks later...
the more boost you push the quieter your wasteget gets. Just a suggestion :lol:

Are you being serious? :slobber: if thats true then no one would ever complain about my 'quiet' subaru:grin:

Loyale2.7 turbo the seats are from the company J.C. Whittney, the brand is APC and they generaly cost around 250. my dad gave his buddy a roof rack for his jeep as a gift and his buddy turned around and gave him these seats! lol then i did some work on an integra for my dad's job, he does autobody repair at a cadillac dealer, and he gave me the seats plus is helping with some intercooler pipe welding :grin:

so they are actually out of a 1989 honda civic hatch that my friend crashed 4 years ago and totaled, which i was in at the time, who in turn sold them to my dads buddy:lol:

As for more pics i think ive posted some before but ill upload some more on photobucket to share here :)

Thanks everyone for the awesome replies and encouragement :)

HERE COME THE PICS! ENJOY :banana:

Quickclick021.jpg

IMG_0877.jpg

I HAVE PLANS OF ADDING A STI SPOILER AND MAKING A CUSTOM INVERTED SCOOP, AND POSSIBLY LOWERING IT AN INCH- INCH 1/2, PLUS A CUSTOM FRONT AIR DAM, BUMPER:lol:

IMG_0850.jpg

I THINK ILL SPEND SOME TIME ON THE COMPUTER TODAY AND PHOTOSHOP THIS AND GET A QUICK PREVIEW OF THE THINGS TO COME :grin:

IMG_0865.jpg

IMG_0869.jpg