Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My car runs!!!

Yeah it drives really good auctually has some what power for a 1.8 turbo :D

The problem's my car had were 2 new headgaskets I striped the block out twice and helicoiled them then the water pump was loose for some reason???

Put rvt on that it fixed it then the intake manifold was leaking water so we put the old gasket on it with some rvt and it works great! Eventually I'm going to put a brand new gasket on it but untill then it's running good :]

And now it seems like it needs a new oil pan gasket because it drips oil on to the exhaust and smokes a little bit. but nothing too major.

It also needs a new exhaust, an intercooler cause I dont like how hot the air is going into the engine, and I want a BOV so the pressure from the turbo has somewhere to go.

Im gonna try to take a video of it to show people what it sounds like if they think anything sounds wrong.

It starts a little rough but when it gets warmed up it goes down to idle perfect :]

There is also some vacume stuff I want to figure out because there is soooo many vacuum lines going every where!

Thanks everyone for all the help! Ill try to get pics/vid

Yeah I really want to do a front mount or just any type of intercooler so the air is not so hot going into the engine.

Does any one know what the other two wires, that go into the distributor, do?

and do the oil pan gaskets normally leek if there old?

...and do the oil pan gaskets normally leek if there old?

All of the gaskets leak when they get old. And ANY oil leak anywheres on that engine will somehow find its way to the exhaust pipe. (In other words, don't limit your search to the oil pan gasket.)

Yeah I really want to do a front mount or just any type of intercooler so the air is not so hot going into the engine.

Does any one know what the other two wires, that go into the distributor, do?

and do the oil pan gaskets normally leek if there old?

I believe those may be for a position sensor?

And my EA81's oil pan gasket oozes, so it may very well be.