Ultimate Subaru Message Board

15" ATV 4X137 Load Rate 1000 lb Wheel

$400 for a set of 4 shipped 2nd day air is pretty sweeeet. Will the backspacing work? Its just a matter of widening the holes by 1.5mm correct? What about tire options? :) Arnt these REALLY wide at 8 inches?

Hey Caramanos,

You have a choice with backspacing. This wheel is -10.2. Then you would need to fit the tires and check. But I don't know anyone that's done it yet.

Tire options are somewhat limited in 14" compared to 15". But some of the ATV tires are DOT approved. One I saw was speed limited to 65 mph tho.

I'd expect a 15" Summit wheel one of these days.

BrandSummitManufacturer's Part NumberSUM-159-148137B4Part TypeWheelsProduct LineSummit® 159 ATV Series Outback WheelsSummit Racing Part NumberSUM-159-148137B4 Rim Diameter (in)14 in.Rim Width (in)8.00 in.Backspacing (in)4.000 in.Offset (mm)-10.20mmWheel MaterialAluminumWheel FinishBlackWheel Construction1-pieceBeadlock IncludedYesBeadlock FunctionalNoLug Nut Seat StyleConical seat - 60 degreeHub CentricNoCenter Bore Diameter (in)3.190 in.Center Bore Diameter (mm)81.03mmCenter Cap IncludedYesLoad Rating (lbs)1,124 lbs.Valve Stems IncludedNoQuantitySold individually.

If you are already drilling, you might as well use actual Automobile wheels that are cheap and easy to get.

6 Lug late 80's and early 90's Toyota wheels FTW

yeah but in stead of drilling hole where they aren't any you widen the 10 mm holes out to 12 and you're done... the ATV lugs are 10 mm..

as far as tires you could use car or truck tiresm, right? I don't see any reason you can't?

we just need to have some company reproduce the white spoke wagon wheels in a 15".........exact copy of stock wheels but in 15"

Well, there was AA wheels.

It would cost too much money, and it would be hard to get everyone on the same page for a group deal. I'm waiting on the fifteen inch Summit, with the weight of about one of those thirteen inch wagon wheels.

I don't like Custom if I can avoid it. Bolt on, off the rack, mass produced.

Mass produced/modified works for me.

Doug

Life is short.

Edited by Quidam

Vision brand 158 Buckshot Wheel. atv158_machinedblk_sm.gif

158136BW2

15" x 8"

4-136

-61mm 2 BS

C158Z

26"

1124 Lbs.

1124 Lbs.

1124 Lbs.

1124 Lbs.

158136BW4

15" x 8"

4-136

-10.2mm 4 BS

C158Z

26"

1124 Lbs.

Edited by Quidam

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
If anyone is interested in drilling these sort of wheels, the drill size you need is 29/64, which should be pretty commonly available. It will however require the use of flat faced lug nuts.

Unless of course you use a larger drill bit ad bevel the holes.

Then you can use standard self centering, tapered lugnuts.

Anyone with a decent drill press skills and the right tools should be able to do it.

Twitch

http://traxms.com/ITP_SS212Plat_15x7-p-ATVProducts_Wheels_Utility_ITPSS212PLAT.html

http://traxms.com/STI_15HD2_15x7_-p-ATVProducts_Wheels_Utility_STI_HD2.html

http://cocomponents.com/dealer/portfolio/m15-crusher-atv-wheel/

Pick your poison...

Okay, Who has time for links..?

ITP SS212: 15"x7" 4x137mm b/p 15# 5"b/s 115-130$ ea

STI HD2: 15"x7" 4x137mm b/p 15# 5"b/s 105-120$ ea

M15 Rock Crusher: 15"x7" 4x137mm b/p 15# 4.375b/s 120$ ea @ Amazon with free shipping.

Edited by subeefun

If you drill the lug holes to half inch, the wheel wont center itself off of the lugs and you could have serious wobble issues. The lug nut thing is assuming that they are alloy wheels that would require mag type nuts anyhow.

this would seem like a problem, but it isn't with steel rims. using open headed lug nuts, tighten the original bolt holes to proper ft/lbs (85?) to center the rims. then flip the other two over so the flat side is facing the rim on the drilled holes and torque to spec.

easy as pie and i have done this on all of my gen 2s and 3s