Ultimate Subaru Message Board

82 gl hatch 27k orig miles just picked up!!

:banana::banana: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170499757836&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT so i pick this baby up tomorrow... 83 year old orig. owner. :grin: pretty stoked! ill get some better pics when i get it cleaned up and home tomorrow..

will be needing some peugot wheels and lift kit in the very near future if anyone has some theyre getting rid of.

WOW, is it local for you? I saw a 86 Wagon with 36K a few months ago and then it showed up at a local dealer. Only it is a 2WD. Nice find.

THANKS! yeah it was destiny :lol: the next town over from me. picked it up today, threw in new plugs, air filter, pcv valve, and sprayed some carb clean in it.. runs pretty good i must admit. i believe all were original right down to the air cleaner :eek: it was a metal housing around it, ive never seen one like that... ill replace the fuel filters after i run a couple tanks thru it and make sure i have all the old gas out of it.

yeah its got the center light, and it works too which is awesome.. has a little more rust than he mentioned in the ad, but its all good.. ill get it fixed up and run it!

cant believe how clean the inside is, ciggy lighter was never used, seats look like they were never even sat in.

Do not, I repeat, DO NOT WHEEL THIS.

If you want to wheel something, get a beat up one with 150k+ on the clock,

and beat the snot out of it.

This is one of the gems that should be treasured and garaged.

Do not get me started on how hard it is to find something that nice.

Unless you want an angry mob at your door step, physically relieving you of

your hatch, DO NOT MODIFY THIS CAR.

Twitch

Do not, I repeat, DO NOT WHEEL THIS.

If you want to wheel something, get a beat up one with 150k+ on the clock,

and beat the snot out of it.

This is one of the gems that should be treasured and garaged.

Do not get me started on how hard it is to find something that nice.

Unless you want an angry mob at your door step, physically relieving you of

your hatch, DO NOT MODIFY THIS CAR.

Twitch

so what are you saying? i shouldnt put a plow on it like my other hatch??:grin: it does need some body work, but im not making it a show car... i have my PRISTINE CONDITION 88 XT6 for that... and theres no way thats not going to be garaged! plus my new camaro is in the other bay, so.. the hatch will be a daily driver once winter hits. i rock the xt6 as a daily in the summer (its clean and has ice cold a/c) but i dont want to drive it in the salty ct winters, so i picked this up. i am contemplating a lift and some pugs.. do you consider that "modifying it" if so, you may have to buy it from me and/or trade me for something else!

oh yeah, these are great in the snow! cant wait... glad my rust free xt6 can stay garaged this winter now.. ive got this gl, and another xt6 for the winter :banana: (bought it as a parts car for 300 and made it a daily driver with parts i had in stock). so IM GOOD TO GO!

as far as maintenance, quick tune up and a change of all fluids, ill be all set. just throwing in plugs and changing a couple filters and oil made a HUGE difference already

I think I hate you. :lol: Nice score.

Do whatever you want with it, but please.. just make it look good! You have one of the lowest-mileage-hatches left in the country.

i had a guy i work with take a look at it today. hes working me up a price on fixing the rust and either A. painting to match what he fixes, and B. full repaint (maroon instead of tan since the seats are a maroon plaid) as long as its in my price range, itll be looking good as new!!

i wouldnt doubt if this is THE lowest mileage hatch in the country. :lol: and dont worry, i LOVE HATERS... LOL

she really needs a y-pipe!! just posted in the wanted section. can anyone help the old hatch out?? would like the mechanicals fixed before i send it out for paint. would take a good intermediate pipe also but HAS to be for a 4wd hatch any year 82-88post-21624-136027642372_thumb.jpeg

Nice car!! Try ebay for a y-pipe, I have seen some decent prices on there for them before. And were you trying to sell your other hatch with the plow a couple years ago??

thx, ill check out ebay. nah never wanted to sell the plow car. i did see another one on craigslist awhile back, think it was in vt, or nh. i actually bought that as a parts car for my old 87 hatch (that i never shoulda sold!) but ran to good to part it out, so i put a plow on it.:lol:

post-21624-136027642414_thumb.jpg

thats a hatch also. i bought that as a parts car for my old 87 hatch. it ran too good and only had 92k so figured id put a plow on it and best thing i ever did!! now with this new one, with only 27k, i may try and make a "road legal" plow car :banana: but not until the red one rots in half! (which prob wont be too long from now)

post-21624-136027642409_thumb.jpg

post-21624-13602764242_thumb.jpg

thx! just posted uh edited a parts wanted thread.. really need a y-pipe for this car, ordered one online and doesnt fit as i suspected... too bad it looked nice, but hit the crossmember and wouldnt bolt flat to the motor... mine broke in 2 taking it off, so any help here, or on my other thread would be awesome!!!

need to get exhaust back on it so i can get it to the body man for some cheese and paint!! cant wait to get er lookin good again!

think i found my y-pipe :banana: NOS for the 82... :eek: pricey, but hey... gotta do what you gotta do!! should be picking it up 2morrow. be SO nice to get that bad boy on the road again!!

sold my truck yesterday. well, have a deposit anyhow.. so should have the money for body work and paint, but still waiting on the estimate from a guy at work.

sure will be awesome if i can get this thing looking as good outside, as it does inside!!

yaaay.. got the y-pipe on and the car is quiet again.. :banana: still cant believe i found a needle in a haystack!! and it was local. thanks to charlie aka ctsuba, that one year 1982 NOS y-pipe saved the day. then i hit monroe muffler for a flange and piece of pipe for the intermediate pipe, used a sleeve to connect it and worked like a charm. i really didnt want to weld the center pipe to my new y-pipe.

now i HAVE to get in and get this body work done.. i just won a set of 13" trim rings on ebay for the wagon wheels. theyre for a MG, but i think they will work okay.. so im thinking, maroon paint, with matching wagon wheels with centers and trim rings and this thing will be looking good!