Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The Order, TWE parts. *see 1st and LAST post*

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Warp3!

With all stock parts, the header and DP should be a bolt up. The only thing is...the exhaust after the DP...the DP is 2.5 inches, with no cat. So a trip to NAPA to get the 15038 2.5 inch universal 3 way cat, and then to an exhaust shop, and whamo! Exhaust. Glasspack too. No back pressure, good.

EDIT: Ive got my $$$ ready. How about everyone else????

I'll take one of each for sure. Can I get some more info on the construction? Will the downpipe me dished for the waistgate? Or will the waistgate have a run-off that connects lower down the pipe? Or will it just be a flange like the stock one with a round hole and a pipe? WHEN CAN I GET IT!! IHAVE MONEY NOW!! PAYPAL MAYBE??

Bump! Need updated on this. How is it going?

WJM, could you post the price of that cat also? I typed in Part# 15038 but came up with miscellaneous stuff. Now I feel like an idiot.

I'm thinking of going for these parts. My XT6 is shot I believe after my recent excursion with ignition timing. Besides, I'm tired of trying to get power out of this thing.

88targarose: you sent me a PM, and i have reply'd

smotocon1: Great! We are up to 7 units each! I imagine that everyone would pay me, and then I would pay TWE...and all the parts would be shipped here to me, and then out from me to everyone....but I dont know for sure. The DP is like those found for the WRX...there are pics somewhere on here, i tihnk on this thread here:

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12054&page=5&pp=10&highlight=high+performance+crossover+pipe

Myxalplyx: I have sent TWE an email regarding this groupe buy...no reply yet, as they are very busy.

I really need to know when this thing might happen. Money comes and goes, plus I hate waiting. I will be going to alskan copper next week in seattle to buy some pipe and start on my own down pipe so I can drive my car, thats why its such a rush, I need a car. Alaskan copper I think if I remember correctly will bend the pipe at any angle as well as cut to legth with a set price per bend and cut. If the price is good, and the bends are mandrel bends I may have several done and sell them to the group. Just add on your flanges and you have a downpipe. Don't count me out yet for the buy, but please give us an update and maybe they can run a set of 8 instead of ten?

Well, if I dont offend Mr. Penner by posting it...here it is:

Hi Will,

With the two local customers that want systems, it put the total at 8

systems. 10 would be better, but this should suffice. The systems that

we have done (2 so far)have all used the Garret T-25 style flange, which

is pretty simple to produce. Are the 6 systems that you require all for

the stock IHI turbo? If so, I will have check on my flange manufacturing

cost on these, as they are more complex than the Garret style flanges.

Also, would you require the header/uppipe to have studs in the flange

(like OEM)? This does require added machining cost to the design but is

a lot nicer than using through bolts.

Please get back to me when you can and thanks for choosing Tech Works

Engineering.

Tom Penner

Tech Works Engineering Inc.

Making Technology Affordable......

techworkseng@techworkseng.com

Thats good news. This is going to be the best performance mod that we could ever do to these cars.

I vote for studs and I think I will be using the stock turbo. If I decide to upgrade the turbo down the road, then I can always do the legacy/EA82T turbo hybrid thing. That way I won't have to modify flanges on these pipes. I would still like to see a pic of the downpipe if you can get one from TWE. Keep us updated.

Well, if I dont offend Mr. Penner by posting it...here it is:
Thanks for posting Will! When Tom knows what the 'final' price will be for a complete system, I hope he lets you know. I'm talking about a final price where there is no monkeying around and it's as simple as one of us going under the car, taking the bolts off and adding the new part on. If (when) I get an EA81T or EA82T, I don't want any surprises and having to fiddle with the 'oh yeah, you need to modify, cut, resurface, change, *insert here* this and that. :)

This isn't directed towards you Will but you are the middle man of sorts right now. Unless Tom doesn't mind an in-flow of calls all of a sudden.

I want in. Even if I do not immediately have the money, I can get it soon enough even if the deal was today. I'm excited to say the least. I'm fed-up with my XT6. Need something that's going to produce/show some improvement when changes are made. Thanks again! L8Rs

Oh BTW! Right along with this, I'd like to try and get a tranny cooler and higher stall ProTorque torque converter. I'm getting WAY ahead of myself though since I don't even have the (a) car yet. :rolleyes: