Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Subaru XV - Ute ...

Bantum

Big power isn't the deal with these rigs, its torque.

Look at the EA81 in the BRAT. 25% more torque than HP.

I think there was a reason they never made an EA82 BRAT.

Not enough grunt to certify the name :P

But I think these would sell splendidly as long as they could give it a decent tow rating, a diesel and good hauling abilities (a 5ft bed or longer).

2000lbs wouldn't be too much for a unibody chassis and with a proper bed, you could actually use the thing for hauling more than a few plants (unlike the Baja).

Twitch

• 2 weeks later...

Ok - Time for an update :

I've nearly finished modelling, just added some final trims & did some preliminary renders :

SubaruXV-Ute2013-sc3.jpg

SubaruXV-Ute2013-sc5.jpg

SubaruXV-Ute2013-sc1.jpg

SubaruXV-Ute2013-sc4.jpg

SubaruXV-Ute2013-sc6.jpg

SubaruXV-Ute2013-sc8.jpg

Hope to do some hi res images in photoshop or similar soon ... :)

I also might look into a 3D printed model later ... ;)

Cheers, Bantum ...

• Like 2

That's awesome!

Great design job. Has Fuji offered you a job yet?

Give it the engine options of either the H6 or the diesel, backed up with the 6-speed manual dual-range driveline. .Make the bed long enough to be usable.

I take a green one with brown interior.

With whom do I place my order?

Thanks...  :)  

I wish, no job offers as yet ... :(

P.S. The 3D model is now available on 3D Warehouse - I had to break up the file size to make it suitable for download though ... ;)

Currently the bed length measures in @ 1300 mm & 2300 mm approx. fully extend ( with tail gate down + hatch open ) ... :ph34r:

I might do a few renders with it all opened up, just have to show it now ... :P

If we pester Subaru enough, maybe  ? To get some action happening see here ( this one is in AUS but I'm sure there others ) ... :huh:

Cheers, Bantum ...

• 1 month later...

Ok small update, finally got one me of these:

IMG_2794.jpg

More details here : http://www.ausubaru.com/forum/showpost.php?p=222045&postcount=116

Note : Sorry no pics were posted initially as photobucket was out, Now updated ...  ;)

Add : http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Bantum69/slideshow/Models/Tamiya%20XV%202013

Query, I was thinking of modifying the shell by Cutting / Gluing to get the desired result, any suggestions for suitable glue etc .. ?

Cheers, Bantum ...

Edited by Bantum

• 1 month later...

Sorry I missed this :

Gotta have the name on the right side of the gate for the us market, the left side is for the dealer logo

Yeah - branding is optional, it might not end up on the final cut ... :)

Cheers, Bantum ...

• 5 weeks later...

Damn man, how much time do you have in this? Looks awesome though. You guys down under do like the Yutes. I'm not knowledgable about the australian market very much, but don't you have trucks to cover this segment? A unibody car with a pickup bed doesn't appear to be all that useful.

Thanks Ryan,

Not sure how many hours I've spent on it, as it has mostly been in my spare time ... ;) 

Currently the Brumby / Brat is the only 4wd vehicle that I know of, which is small / light weight ( economical ), good as a general run-about & a fun car to drive. Only natural to want a successor to it as they are becoming increasingly difficult to find & maintain.

Doubt Subaru will ever manufacture another though, so it's just a pipe dream for now ... :(

Got some updates due shortly, just need to upload some pictures later ... :)

Cheers, Bantum ..

• Like 1

Thanks Ryan,

Not sure how many hours I've spent on it, as it has mostly been in my spare time ... ;) 

Currently the Brumby / Brat is the only 4wd vehicle that I know of, which is small / light weight ( economical ), good as a general run-about & a fun car to drive. Only natural to want a successor to it as they are becoming increasingly difficult to find & maintain.

Doubt Subaru will ever manufacture another though, so it's just a pipe dream for now ... :(

Got some updates due shortly, just need to upload some pictures later ... :)

Cheers, Bantum ..

Doubt not Bantum.  If enough of us Subaru nuts show enough interest it could very well come to be.  :rolleyes:  AND if enough think it to be IT WILL BE!  ;)   (I've seen my wife do things like that, when she is really passionate about something, then it comes to be) So I know it can happen.  Obviously you have a whole lot of passion about this or you would not have done what you have done here. :)  :)

I have faith that this will come to be some day. :)  ;)

The right person just needs to see what you have done and there we (YOU) go!!  I have faith that it will come to be you should too, especially for all the time you have put into it.  I would just like to say thanks for your time on this!!!

I will share this on FaceBook if that is okay with you? :)

Thanks for the encouragement ... :)

Your more than welcome to share, as you say the more people know about it the better chances of it happening ... :D 

As to more leg room, the Subaru XV is much roomier / comfortable than a Brumby / Brat, which is what I've based this Ute on - so no problems there ... B)

Cheers, Bantum ...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Beyond Awesome designing Job done here, I really like it!  Thumbup.jpg

Remember, not only Subaru could done this; Subaru let in the past, two aftermarket companies to "Transform" their EA81 Coupe onto Convertibles, which were sold new at certain Subaru Dealers in USA; also other two companies (One in USA and another in Japan) Made -Few- Subaru Alcyone XT6 Convertibles.

About UTE (Pick Up) Transformation, I've seen Foresters...

HenrysSubaru001internetpic2.jpg

HenrysSubaru008internetpic3.jpg

...and even Imprezas...

SubaruBrat2-02.jpg

SubaruImprezaPick-Up2.jpg

...transformed onto Utes (Pick Ups) by other companies, so, this XV-UTE might happen with the help of another Company doing the Transformations... and selling the Removed parts: It worked in the Past.

You might start to convince a Company if you start a Market Research, and bring your own modified "Real Life" XV-UTE to show 'em it is Possible, and the Results are a Unique, Useful & Beautiful Car, but you'll need to buy an XV and Modify it...

Other Members here, at USMB, have done Awesome Modifying jobs, as inspirational example, let me Share this Photo of a Third Gen Subaru Leone-UTE you might like, the "Bratified Loyale" (You might say "Brumbified") :

BeautifulLoyaleBratified.jpg

Kind Regards.

Edited by Loyale 2.7 Turbo