Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hey Minnesota members- I will be visiting soon!

I will be out in Minnesota (Minneapolis area), traveling for the holidays this December around Christmas and NewYears... so this may be a chance to meet and greet! this is also going to be my first time out in the really cold weather!!! (compared to the PNW :lol:)

but unfortunatly, I will be without my subarus... all I will have (this time anyways ;) ) is just pictures and videos of the Hatch Patrol fun!

I dont know if it really is relavant to people that I will be over there, but if anyone would like to say hello while I am there, it would be cool! (always fun to meet people on the board when traveling!!!)

well, I will be there from the 20th (Dec) to the 5th (jan) and I will also possibly be showing someone (who I am staying with) how to 'wheel in his jeep.... if there can be such a challenge there (for me, who is used to the carnage of the PNW hills!) :brow:

obvioulsly it will be difficult to plan around the holidays, but I am sure we could figure one day out! :grin:

the ice racing sounds like very much fun too, I have always wanted to see/try that!!! (when I saw them do that in the recent Bond movie, it was that much more exciting!)

There is as much seriouse offroad terrain as you and your friend's stomach can handel :brow: Gilbert and Apple Valley Farms were both featured in a big name magazine for the MN-Challange event. Here are some photos of terrain around Minnesota:

http://www.mn-challenge.com/2004_photos/

I've taken my Subaru up to the "Little Falls" ground there. Helped them clear trails before the challenge event. Great time and great terrain up there!

that would be sweeeeet!

and those pictures look somewhat like the terrain we have here :brow: so I may be "right at home" in those woods!

anyother possible meet/greet ideas or times? are there any possible events or partys for things such as new years?

I dont know what its like over there, but here (in Seattle) the city is lit up with partys all night on new years! (both public and private partys)

Count me in! I could either trailer up the wagon(she wont handle interstate speeds!), or maybe I could just drive up and ride with someone on the trails! I'd also like to put some names with the faces of my Minnesota counterparts! McBrat, if you should happen to come up I-35, we could me in Owatonna and convoy up. Later, kurt

man, id love to get in on those ice races. i got spare trannies layin around:grin:

i think we should go down to the old rock quary. its an off road park, it was closed. but we should be ok, morganm, and i have a plan to make it look legal like. =] trust me.

hope to see all you guys, i have a garage, and spare parts, for whatever breaks(you know something will).

hopefully the newest incarnation of my hatch will be screamin by then too!

Not that I have much to add to this thread really, but I thought I'd say hi. I moved here from the Portland metro area 8 months ago and have yet to see a brat, but have had literally 2 dozen offers from people at stop lights wanting to buy mine. One guy even left a note on my antennae at the uptown rainbow foods telling me to call if I ever wanted to sell it. NOT A CHANCE!! I'd be interested in meeting other Subie people in the area so if there's a meet up maybe I'll bring my brat outta hibernation for the winter. It's nothing special, well it is to me, but it's just a stock 85 brat which is unimpressive to this board, but apparently is a rare sight around here. I just know I love it :) So anyway... welcome to Minneapolis. I miss the PNW though :(

hey sinbin, and welcome! I've yet to see a brat in the minneapolis area, or up here in duluth for that matter. Join MNSubaru.com, we need more old-school representation!!! anyway, this sounds awesome, I won't be in town until Xmas eve, and will probably be leaving for vacation very soon after new years, so my vote would be sometime between then (who'd have guessed).

Edit: oops I already said that

WOW Minnesota members are coming out of the wood work in this thread! Glad to see you guys are around here.

sinbin: I"d love to check out your Brat. I'm in Minneapolis all the time so maybe I could swing by some time and we'll kick some tires and talk about Subarus :drunk: The only other Brat I've seen even remotly around here was just accross the boarder in WI.

Tcat55371: We wont hold your age against you! I'd like to think passion for Subarus extends accross age gaps. ;)

Not that I have much to add to this thread really, but I thought I'd say hi. I moved here from the Portland metro area 8 months ago and have yet to see a brat, but have had literally 2 dozen offers from people at stop lights wanting to buy mine. One guy even left a note on my antennae at the uptown rainbow foods telling me to call if I ever wanted to sell it. NOT A CHANCE!! I'd be interested in meeting other Subie people in the area so if there's a meet up maybe I'll bring my brat outta hibernation for the winter. It's nothing special, well it is to me, but it's just a stock 85 brat which is unimpressive to this board, but apparently is a rare sight around here. I just know I love it :) So anyway... welcome to Minneapolis. I miss the PNW though :(
im not even kidding. im pretty sure that was me with the note. i do that way too much in uptown =]

i live right by bobs java hut. too many subarus, anybody need a 2x hatch for the winter?

i get lots of respect from all the punkrock/lesbian chicks in my neighborhood for my subaru collection. one guy even asked"what you got under the hood?" =] i said mpfi!

WOW Minnesota members are coming out of the wood work in this thread! Glad to see you guys are around here.

and the funny part,(I started the thread) is that I am a Hatch Patrol guy, and I live in WA!!

but thats why were meetin up! this looks like it will be a lot of fun though no matter where we end up going! :banana:

and dont worry about age either! I am sure there will be a large variety with us :cool:

Austin will be coming in town between 20 DEC and 05 JAN. Chux wont be coming down from Duluth till 24 DEC (Christmas eve).

How about the week between Christmas and New Years? That's 27 DEC - 31 DEC (31DEC being New Years Eve) I would imagine that weekend (01JAN and 02JAN) will be mostly booked up for people... if nothing more than recovering from New Years Eve :-p.

I'll start another thread so we can vote on it; cool?