Ultimate Subaru Message Board

tripin from CA to WA

So the wife the dog and myself are headed up on the 29th to snow board our way to Seattle. in between driving that is.

I already plan on visiting and old board member (stormtrooper) on the way for some visiting and riding.

mabey Garner Too?

need to find xsnrg to swap parts with as well.

going to stay with my cousin up there.

wife will be flying home to get to work by the third. I will be driving back.

Laurel and I should be heading up to Steven's pass with a friend or two in my car on the 31st. . . IF she can get the day off work. Shouldn't be a problem, though, she's putting in a request for that day off, I think.

We both board pretty decently. Would be fun to meet some out-of-town folk over the holidays. :)

yup, Seattle is the goal.

probably wont make it up there till after the 31st or late tht day. we are not leving untill the night of the 29th and have one boarding stop already planed in the shasta area on our way up. thanks for the offer though.

garner can you PM me a number to call you with if we get a chance to stop by?

dam. vacations are so fun makes me wonder why I work at all. oh yeah I rember now. stupid bills.:rolleyes:

hmm yeah. I guess I need to figure out what we will be doing for new years eve? maby I wont drink and then get the slopes all to our selvs on the first. then I can drink while boarding!

yeah I wear a helmet. I ride too stupid some times not to. you know games like tring to hold the beer with out spilling all the way down the hill and other shinanigins.

oddcomp- I will put you on my list.thanks, I love breakfast:) .

Yukonart- or any one else who knows. where are the good spots to ride? I only know Tahoe and a few other areas.

Well there is up at timberline lodge on Mt.Hood for one and I don't do anything in snow outside of a car ;) well besides making yellow snow lol and when your through p-town if it's late enough for me to wake up come on by and PM me if you are so I can give you addy and directions if need be and I am sorta right off of I-205

ok got the plan narrowed down a bit.

Yukonart- we may be able to hook up on the 31st after all.

bomb up there in one shot doing the driver trade off. arive on the 30th in seattle area.

snow board on the 31st?

party down somewhere on new years.

hang out with the cousin.

put wife on plane going home.

Then im all free to find other subaru freaks as I meander my way home by the 5th.

Oh yeah. . . Russ. . . .

If you don't have any plans for New Year's Eve, just come on back to my place after we're done boarding. We're having a get-together with a great bunch of friends. . . some of whom are big Subbie nuts . . . and a few more would be most welcome. :)

Oh yeah. . . Russ. . . .

If you don't have any plans for New Year's Eve, just come on back to my place after we're done boarding. We're having a get-together with a great bunch of friends. . . some of whom are big Subbie nuts . . . and a few more would be most welcome. :)

Cool:drunk:

going to be hooking up with the cousin that night but I dont know if he has any plans for the night. I will ask him.

I am working like crazy to get some new bording gear for the season. my old stuff is about done. boots/bindings worn out. board is nice but too small for me. I sink in the powder and trees.

I had the sinking problem in powder last season. My 159 board just wasn't enough. (5'11" and 210 lbs here) Not to mention my friend (who teaches boarding) set up my bindings for a very aggressive stance. I could tear up any other condition, but deep powder would slow me down so much at times that I couldn't keep going.

Now I've got a brand new Burton Triumph 164. It's longer, wider, and I can set up the bindings for a more optimal all-mountain ride, and I should be able to stay up in deep powder much more easily.

At any rate, the invite for New Year's Eve stands. :)

yeah same situation 6' 200lbs. big feet. my old board was a 157 but wide. new board is a 161 palmer classic. just too narrow. I dont ride parks much so I dont need a trick board. gonna go big I think. wife says thats my gift this year:)

hey I dont have your number to hook up when we get up there. you want to PM it to me?

yeah same situation 6' 200lbs. big feet. my old board was a 157 but wide. new board is a 161 palmer classic. just too narrow. I dont ride parks much so I dont need a trick board. gonna go big I think. wife says thats my gift this year:)

hey I dont have your number to hook up when we get up there. you want to PM it to me?

NICE! Snowboard gear would go over very well with me, too!

PM sent, by the way. :D

• 2 weeks later...