Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Where's Waldo??? (Safe At Home!)

Hey Paul..Call me when you know when Pat is about to arrive there..I dont care if its Monday (I need a good excuse to take off work early:grin: ). Also give me a buzz if you have any work to do around the shop this weekend..I think I am pretty much free ( But that is tentative..I might have met someone..still is working up enough nerve to make phone calls)Plus I might swing down the road and go see the Arenacross.

Anyway..I want to see the 73!!!!! You lucky ba----d! And send Pat back with the dreamcatcher.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Connie.yes,I'll need some help from.From now untill Pat shows up I'm going to go nuts and clear the front.You know a car was there,so a car will be there again. :headbang:

I'd like to make some serious room fast but I just don't have the time or help.I wish I owned a full size truck again so I could load some stuff to take to the dumpster at work.

Look like we're going to the races too,Saturday night.

I'll be working up there during the day for sure.Friday night too.Maybe even go up tonight for a little bit.

Cool Paul...just give me a time Sat to come down to help you move stuff around. Still not sure about the races...what you think about making it a possible first date?? May even be able to stop down tomorrow night to help..I will call you tomorrow afternoon. Got to make room for that new sweetbaby of yours.

Waldo the Weary Wayfarer, was magically transformed into the wily, wocketing wabbit... Two days of forced rest and restlessness renewed his wanderlust (the only type he is allowed to have since he IS a children's character!)

He was seen blazing across the Great Plains like a bat out of... its cave (kids character ;) ), eating up the miles like an avenging aardvark!

The flatness of Nebraska was no match for him, showing bare and dry roads until near the capitol city. After passing near the tallest point in Nebraska (how high?) he was seen at the Strategic Air and Space Museum, wearing a "Go Huskers!" shirt. (MUCH better than being seen without one! :eek: )

At 5am CST he crossed a major river, named after neither of the states that it separated. BTW, it was COLD!!! Guess how cold... A couple hours later he crossed the Raccoon River, and parked himself in front of the house of a prominent member of the community.

Waldo's chariot is now lighter by one engine, a tranny, a flywheel set, and a driveline. Got a little heavier with more goodies for moosens.

Trying to arrange a Saturday evening arrival, maybe earlier after I talk with a couple people.

See you on the radio!

I got to speak to the legendary MickBratguy!!!!!!!! I'm so honored!! Nice talking to you Mick,wish I could sit and yap.

Bucky,Seems Pat is trying to push himself and get here on saturday.......gosh I hope he just gets here safe.

Pat,breath,relax......Sunday is a wonderful day to arrive.

The Rev. G.L.Fivespeed will be there then.Full choir,ladies Auxilary,the Mother Superior,Monsignor Melttire,Deacon Dualrange,Father Oblivion,Saint Alphonso,etc.

I got to speak to the legendary MickBratguy!!!!!!!! I'm so honored!! Nice talking to you Mick,wish I could sit and yap.

Yeah, I've been priveledged enough to break bread with him, heck, I've even stayed at his house a couple of times. 4X'd with him too. :-p

6 times in all meeting with one another Mick? Here 3, there 3?

Yeah, I've been priveledged enough to break bread with him, heck, I've even stayed at his house a couple of times. 4X'd with him too. :-p

6 times in all meeting with one another Mick? Here 3, there 3?

yeah, 6.

2000 at the Keg

2001 WCSS3

2002 wheeling at the cabin

2004 3 times at my house...

Well, Paul, I dirtied my shorts on the Spokane to Laramie leg.

When do you want me to show up? I can be there tonight, or I can poke around and be there Sunday. Sounds like you folks have plans for Saturday night...

And Paul, I am not pushing it, so don't worry. I am in my driving cycle of drive and cat nap. The cat naps can not be denied or avoided, so I am sleeping... just 10 minutes at a time.

Waldo had a pretty good day. Went through lots of states (confusion, lethargy, hunger, apathy...) and crossed rivers when he came to them. West met East around 4:43pm CST, and the reception was icy and cold. Three rivers were crossed, with 2 of them being in the right place.

A Kickapoo is:

a) A dog

B) A place

c) An action that elicits immediate disgust

Waldo was seen at the college home of Bonzo's friend.

So much more, but in Waldo's pimpmobile and Waldo is going to cath zzzzz.

i would say the temp was around 0 to 5 above??? i figure the cold is pushing way south since its 23 below up here this morning.

that is a nice looking older soob- those things are cool. is that for moosens right? you lucky dog.

good luck pat.

thanks for gettin my parts mick.

Well,I didn't get out last night.....and I got up a little sluggish today.....heading up to bust up the joint today.Getting help from Connie,later on Dave and Melis....we'll see who else can stop by.

I should have the parking space open by this evening.Pat,after all this I sure as hell aren't going to play the ball any other way than the way you make it bounce my friend.You do as you must,or as you wish and I will comply.If I'm not ready that's my tough beans.

I'll have the phone on all day/night.

To the locals,you know the place,stop on down today or tomorrow.If he gets there tonight there won't be a parade or fireworks display but there'll be a good time for sure.

To everyone,I may need to run home for dinner with the family.My wife should stop by with the kids and her mom today and we'll decide what the plans are acording to Pat's location,etc.etc.

Gotta go make some room for baby!!!! :banana:

Waldo had a pretty good day. Went through lots of states (confusion, lethargy, hunger, apathy...) and crossed rivers when he came to them. West met East around 4:43pm CST, and the reception was icy and cold. Three rivers were crossed, with 2 of them being in the right place.

A Kickapoo is:

a) A dog

B)A place

c) An action that elicits immediate disgust

Waldo was seen at the college home of Bonzo's friend.

So much more, but in Waldo's pimpmobile and Waldo is going to cath zzzzz.

It's a place, and the name of an indian tribe.

Waldo feeeels wooozzzyyyyy... there are straps holding me to a cot... and a dart with a fuzzy end sticking in my derriere. Lots of noise outside... seems to be a backhoe warming up... chalk outlines on the frozen earth... one outline looks like an overweight middle-aged man, the other a truck and tow dolly... men laughing, looking at an old car, lugubriously rubbing their hands together and talking in conspiratorial tones.

(heard drifting in on the wind,"MwuHaHaHaHa!!")

Waldo is strangely scared....

that is cold- hope the heater works!
Worked so well that the torque converter that I had stored in the passenger foot well got hot enough that I thought the truck was having troubles because I smelled hot ATF.

The -5 was bad enough... the 20-30 mph wind was horrible! I was getting walrus tusks just walking to-from gas cashier.

As one can deduce from the post timestamp and the 10-12hr drive time, it looks like The Coupe's Arrival will occur on...

Sunday! Sunday! SUNDAY!!!

Enjoy your Arenacross... it might have been fun to goto...(sniff)...if..(sniff)...someone, *anyone* had...(sniff)...invited me(strangled sob).

:grin: Enjoy! And see you tomorrow for Sunrise Services at the 2nd Subaru Church Of The Resurrection. Well maybe Brunch services...