Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Update #2: My Subaru wagon story is "out" and in readers rides

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 BeefaRu

BeefaRu

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 304 posts
  • Denver

Posted 25 April 2005 - 05:10 PM

Update 2: I did it! Here's the webpage I promised The only gallery up there right now is the Modifications gallery. I'll add more when I get a chance. -- About the tranny I spoke with mudrat this morning and I'll try to get more details. He deduced it could be the tailhousing and parts from a gen1 legacy on the back of the RX tranny and in the center diff.

Update 1: I've decided I'm putting up an album tomorrow with all pix of all the mods the car has plus some more pix of the original build. I'll post the link here. And if I can get to edit my readers ride post I'll put it there to.

Hey gang, been wanting to do this for a while.
Having enjoyed this particular wagon for 8 years, I thought I'd share its story with people who would appreciate it. Its great to have a group like this, and enjoy the story.

http://www.ultimates...rticle.php?a=98

edit: wanted to add this photo to the readers ride post, but can't edit. The last backpack trip I did w/ dear old dad in 1999 (and a better shot of the car than I have in the readers ride post.)

Posted Image

I plan to create a website that'll have photo albums since upload space is small here. But till then, the story is finally posted. --E

#2 NoahDL88

NoahDL88

Elite Master of Cookies

• Members
  • 4,264 posts
  • Everett, WA, USA

Posted 25 April 2005 - 05:21 PM

Please oh faceless one, enlighten me on the 4.11 gear swap.

#3 BeefaRu

BeefaRu

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 304 posts
  • Denver

Posted 25 April 2005 - 05:26 PM

The builder had a lot of troubles after he built my car and I'm sure would prefer to remain anonymous.

There are a few here who can tell you how its done. You have to replace a couple things in the center diff so it plays well with the rear diff. --E

#4 Snowman

Snowman

Midnight Passenger

• Members
  • 3,538 posts
  • Haines

Posted 25 April 2005 - 05:26 PM

Ditto. That sounds awesome!

#5 peskyjiggler

peskyjiggler

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • grants pass oregon

Posted 25 April 2005 - 06:29 PM

Hey gang, been wanting to do this for a while.
Having enjoyed this particular wagon for 8 years, I thought I'd share its story with people who would appreciate it. Its great to have a group like this, and enjoy the story.

http://www.ultimates...rticle.php?a=98

edit: wanted to add this photo to the readers ride post, but can't edit. The last backpack trip I did w/ dear old dad in 1999 (and a better shot of the car than I have in the readers ride post.)

Posted Image

I plan to create a website that'll have photo albums since upload space is small here. But till then, the story is finally posted. --E

SWEETNESS! I want that, or something similar, oh yes please!! Pesky

#6 baccaruda

baccaruda

YOUR FAVORITE MOD

• 6,942 posts
  • SpoVegas, WA

Posted 25 April 2005 - 07:09 PM

DAMN.

that is one impressive project. I want your transmission. please send it to me; I'm in 99220.

my GL10 wagon is similar in some ways.. it is (slowly) receiving a 2.2 swap and it has a kevlar clutch between that and an RX transmission.. I have a pistol grip shifter from a 4WD XT with the differential lock wired to the pistol grip's button (a little proud of that :) ) I also have a 4" lift in transit right now, and I have converted the suspension to that of a Legacy so I have larger brakes and the 5-lug bolt pattern.
how is the gas mileage in town with those 4.11 gears and on the highway with the forester 5th gear? :slobber: I am going to be losing sleep at night now thanks to you!

we need to track down this subaru savant who built this car!

#7 mudduck

mudduck

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 703 posts
  • Asheboro NC

Posted 25 April 2005 - 07:18 PM

I am drooling on my keyboard!

#8 subynut

subynut

EJ Powa!

• Gold Subscribers
  • 1,407 posts
  • Sierra Vista, AZ

Posted 25 April 2005 - 09:36 PM

4:11 gears??? NOW we're talking! :brow: Nice looking wagon too.

#9 WJM

WJM

SUBARU

• Members
  • 7,828 posts

Posted 25 April 2005 - 10:26 PM

This should be what makes the engineers at SUBARU proud.

#10 eyesore

eyesore

Rocky Mtn. Road Warrior

• Members
  • 451 posts
  • Centennial

Posted 26 April 2005 - 12:40 PM

That's a work of art.
Love to see you at the next Colorado Gathering. I know a few of us would enjoy seeing it in the flesh. :slobber:

#11 Sweet82

Sweet82

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 3,266 posts
  • Salt Lake City

Posted 26 April 2005 - 12:50 PM

Boy! :eek:

There are still a few tricks we haven't learned aparently. Just like everyone else I'd like to know how all that gearing voodoo worked! :slobber:

Thanks for the writeup!
Glenn
82 SubaruHummer--needs gearing
01 Forester--needs gearing

#12 BeefaRu

BeefaRu

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 304 posts
  • Denver

Posted 26 April 2005 - 02:20 PM

Update 2: I did it! Here's the webpage I promised The only gallery up there right now is the Modifications gallery. I'll add more when I get a chance. -- About the tranny I spoke with mudrat this morning and I'll try to get more details. He deduced it could be the tailhousing and parts from a gen1 legacy on the back of the RX tranny and in the center diff. --E

#13 starkiller

starkiller

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,153 posts
  • dupont

Posted 26 April 2005 - 05:49 PM

this is pretty interesting...when i lived in denver i had heard about "some" guy who was doing this subie conversions...ej's into ea82 bodies etc...but never got around to finding him...

if ya ever want to sell this thing........:D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users