Ultimate Subaru Message Board

moving!! Excelsior, MN or bust! *update!*leaving 6/26!!!*

aiming for the Minneapolis area, will be searching for a job, and a place to live for one year before moving again to wherever...

move out date not set yet, hoping for the first week in july.. (i think this will make me miss the subaru show!! :(:banghead: )

so I need to finish clearing house.. got lots of parts still to ... give away... ;) tools to sell, toys and computers too...

moving sale will be soon, but always here too if you want to stop in and see what i need to liquidate!

I will be looking for a hitch for the impreza, and a small util trailer, one large enough to haul my motorcycle, and some large tool boxes, and my junk.. (lots of small boxes) anyone got one to sell?

any soob guys in MN need a room mate to share rent? know of any places hiring? it would help me out a lot if there is! thanks a bunch ahead of time ;)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn Austin. I was just about to move up your way and now you go and clear out of the state. I understand though, gotta get out and on your own :) Its a great thing, believe me.

Anyhow, dont know about any jobs or homes in MN but if your looking for a trailer I'd check with rental yards. Our yard sells off the old equipment, and my manager just got a license to sell trailers. Some arent cheap, but they're guarantee'd to get you to your destination.

-Brian

Austin, I hate to see you go, but I know you'll be back :brow: We need to have another Evans Crk Run before you leave.

oh yaa, dont worry! I love washington too much to just leave perminately.. I am just going out on my adventure/school and such.. then I will be back! besides, I will probably be here to "visit" each summer if I can afford it... (and to get my stuff too!!)

an evans meet sounds good! as long as I dont break my impreza too much :headbang:

Nooooo! You can't leave! (it was cool seeing you in the delivery van on Greenwood!) I went to Michigan for 10 years, against my will. Moved back home to WA as soon as I could. At least you're going for the adventure. I think MN is a better place than MI. The people are more lively and it isn't quite as miserably flat.

Well, my family has a number of rental properties, probably some available...I shall consult with the powers that be around here...hope to go muddin with you some time this summer!

sweet! sounds good, let me know what you find out...

Ed... I will come look at the trailer sometime soon-

Les, dont worry- "Iall be baak" :cool:

Tim, I did say Minneapolis in my prev. post right ;) somewhere near Excelsior would be my choice.. but anywhere around the twin cities is cool

probable departure date set now.. July 1st!!! a friday, we should be all heading out on the road towards MN...

caravan so far-

Me, in the impreza (or the bike if I cant get a trailer, which means second driver needed if no trailer either)

Sparkster- in the wagon he is trying to buy?

my Brat, if not sold.. will be carrying the bike and I would need a driver for the imp.

I wonder how much time i should get between my last planned day of work and the time that I leave? no days? 1 to 3 days? a week? how much time does it take to load a couple cars, a trailer, and pack boxes?

I'll probably see you and spark when you go through Bozeman MT. You'll know when your there because its paradise. I would suggest moving here. You can find a place for cheap and were surrounded by mountains.

• 2 weeks later...

less than 3 weeks now.. I leave on the 1st, after sparkster gets off work, we hit I-90!!

however.. I still have things to sell here, things to give away (yes, free subaru parts) you will need to drop by to get them though!!

this weekend (11th and 12th) will be the Brierwood (in Brier, WA) neighborhood garage sale.. I am taking all my things there, if you have "claimed" something on my previous posts, but have not picked it up or pai for it.. now would be a good time, because its going to the garage sale...

whatever I have left, I will probably be having a major moving sale next weekend.. (all has to be gone then, as I am leaving that week!!!)

good to hear! didn't find anything very good as far as rental properties, got lots of vacancies, but not in very good neighberhoods, one in excelsior, but the house is a bit of a craphole (my uncle was allowed to...."help"), but it's possible we could have it ready to rent sometime this summer (probably not when you need it), what's your budget look like? you can pm me for more details if you'd like.

less than 3 weeks now.. I leave on the 1st, after sparkster gets off work, we hit I-90!!

however.. I still have things to sell here, things to give away (yes, free subaru parts) you will need to drop by to get them though!!

this weekend (11th and 12th) will be the Brierwood (in Brier, WA) neighborhood garage sale.. I am taking all my things there, if you have "claimed" something on my previous posts, but have not picked it up or pai for it.. now would be a good time, because its going to the garage sale...

whatever I have left, I will probably be having a major moving sale next weekend.. (all has to be gone then, as I am leaving that week!!!)

Boy, I love this new math stuff. Let me see, you are leaving on 7/1/2005, and you are having a sell this weekend, 6/11 and 6/12/2005, right? Ok, then the stuff doesn't sell you are having a big moving sell on the following weekend, that would be 6/18 and 6/19/2005, right?? Then you are leaving that week? Wouldn't that be the week of 6/19 to 6/25/2005?? I thought you were leaving on the 1st.

Boy, I love this new math stuff. Let me see, you are leaving on 7/1/2005, and you are having a sell this weekend, 6/11 and 6/12/2005, right? Ok, then the stuff doesn't sell you are having a big moving sell on the following weekend, that would be 6/18 and 6/19/2005, right?? Then you are leaving that week? Wouldn't that be the week of 6/19 to 6/25/2005?? I thought you were leaving on the 1st.

ok ok.. very rough estimates.. I might be just a little excited to actually do math right now :lol: sorry for the confusion :o but yes.. the 1st I leave on.. so I guess that makes it ~about~ 3 weeks right?? from today? hmm anywho.. :rolleyes:

about the apartment- umm.. this one in excelsior you speak of.. whats the name of it.. I just turned in an apartment app to a place that was a little cheap.. hopefully not the craphole you speak of.. but oh well. if its cheap, who cares right? :lol:

about the apartment- umm.. this one in excelsior you speak of.. whats the name of it.. I just turned in an apartment app to a place that was a little cheap.. hopefully not the craphole you speak of.. but oh well. if its cheap, who cares right? :lol:

it's not actually an apartment, it's a privately owned house (My grandma rents houses for a living), that is not ready to be rented yet. It's not that bad, but it's old, and not very well taken care of, but I'd live there (I did most of the roof, and floors myself!) If I "encourage" her, it could be ready by the end of the summer. and I think my uncle has a few places in the mound area, I'll consult some more

well, the apartment I applied to is about 545 a month w/most util... one bedroom...

but they called today, they are ok with the app, except for me not having a for sure job lined up yet out there! (its hard to get a job from here...)

any ideas? should I email my resumé to places? ideas? anyone have any job leads?

I love the way Austin does stuff. He's moving to Minn., he didn't have an appartment, a job or know where he is going to school, but he is moving. So now he has a place to stay, not paid for yet, but still he has a place. Still no job, still no idea where he is going to school. But he is still going. And all of this for just one year. Oh to be young and foolish again.

I'd just settle for foolish!:grin: Go Austin. Somebody buy his brat already; it really is the best deal going. I don't quite understand why he hasn't put it on ebay....too much grief and hassle I suspect. He should try to bring it to MN; bringing it into the rustbelt should improve it's chances of selling tenfold.

I love the way Austin does stuff. He's moving to Minn., he didn't have an appartment, a job or know where he is going to school, but he is moving. So now he has a place to stay, not paid for yet, but still he has a place. Still no job, still no idea where he is going to school. But he is still going. And all of this for just one year. Oh to be young and foolish again.