Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Loyale hit while parked; TOTALED???

My string of bad luck continues...

I discovered this morning that some jackass slammed into my Loyale last nite while it was parked in the street.

It didn't seem to bad at first. The drivers side turn lamp was busted out, and the bumper scuffed up. But as I attempted to drive away, I discovered that it was not steering properly. The wheels are all cockeyed. I popped the hood, and didn't see anything obvious, but I didn't have time to really check things out.

Is it possible that the frame could have gotten bent? Or is there some other explanation for the wheels being so far out of alignment? This is gonna bug me all day until I get back home from work to take a better look at it.

John

you will feel better once you have hunted down the person that did that. i bet the car will run better too.

hmm, sounds like it might have jarred the allignment bits from the impact, yo should get it up on a jack and take a cose look at the ront suspension on both sides, also take a look at the front x-member and frame. hopefully, its not too bad.

good luck.

I only had a minute to look it over, and everything passed the "look" test as far as suspension and frame.

I'm wondering if the other car got hung up on the wheel while making it's getaway. The impact to the bumper should not have knocked the wheels so far apart.

And yeah, I'd love to find the idiot who did this. My Loy is my daily driver, and the only roadworthy Sube I have at the moment.

John

Forget looking under the hood. Lay down and look at the suspension. Compare the two sides and look for discrepencies. Hopefully it's just a bent radius rod or something replacable.

There is no frame to bend. If the structural integrity of the unibody is damaged then yes it's classified as 'totaled' :(

dam john, you need to get out of the city. or at least the cars. man that sux, all this going on over there in c-bus. hope its not disgruntled neighbors trying to oust your stuff. at least they dont hand out parking tickets for parking in the street over there.

park in the yard im sure the neighbors will love that!:lol:

anyway sorry about all the bas string of luck hopefully a brak comes for you. holllar hollar

park in the yard im sure the neighbors will love that!:lol:

Yeah, I'll think of something good before I move. Something the nabes will still be talking about years from now!!

It was probably one of the ghetto boys cutting thru the neighborhood. Or maybe someone stealing something and trying to get away fast. No one else runs the streets around there after bedtime.

It must of been one hell of a hit - especially if the unibody ends up being kinked. Can't believe I slept thru it.

John