Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Lifted hatch population grows in Colorado!

Woo Hoo!!!

FINALLY, i'm pimpin a lifted rig. Shawn W. and I installed a 3" PK lift on Saturday.

Overall, everything went pretty well. Accidentally split the seam on the gas tank a tiny bit in the process of beating it back to fit the lift block. Minor leak, a sweat, not a drip. Tank sealant seems to have done the trick.

Looks sooo good. Got my 14" Pugs sandblasted and freshly painted awaiting 14" Super Swampers. (still a couple months off)

Does seem to have excessive positive camber. Normal? (I do still have 13's on it.) Not horrible, but looks, to the eye, to be a bit much.

This week is shakedown, and I'll (we'll) go through and tighten everything up again next weekend. Then she'll be ready to have some fun in.

I'll be bringing her to the meet Sunday, so the lifted Soobs can represent! :-p

Sis got a digi cam for X-mas, so I should have some pics up in a day or two.

Still figuring out how everything works on it, havent gotten to uploading to the 'puter yet.

Worst case, I'm sure we'll get some pics at the meet on the 15th.

Was really nice to see that car lifted. It was just screaming lift me with all the extra touches you have added to it.

Mad props to the car for putting up with all our cursing. :)

Ill be @ the meet 4 sure but if I had my way it would be in the new "soobie". Deadline is a little unrealistic but well see. Thats what I get for having 2 car projects @ once.

hope to see pics. my hatch is going to undergo growth surgery soon as well.

ea82 coilovers + extension in the rear and blocks in the front. of course, gotta put in the 5spd dr and rear end first.

anyone live in bc or seattle and have a driveshaft for a hatch?

lifted hatch's are like quads with heaters and sometimes radios.

HA! more proof that the camber 'issue' is not just an AA problem, but a symptom of the lift.

they all have it some. it won't eat through the tires funny, just looks weird. it'll also settle a bit after driving it for awhile

great to hear that thing's lifted! I agree with Shawn....it was SCREAMING 'lift me!!!!'

Thanks guys.

Yeah, I've had plans for the lift before I even bought the car. Finances and timing finally came together. :banana:

The camber doesn't feel bad, just looks odd. I think a lot of it has to do with the small size of the 13' wheels making it look even more pronounced. (not used to seeing the entire top of the tire in there.) Also the little wheels make it look even more lifted than it is. Kinda cool.

Can't wait to do a final tightening, and get her out on the trail!! See ya at the meet.