Ultimate Subaru Message Board

In my 1995 Legacy AWD (56K miles) , i get a vibration when its in D and i'm idling. If i put it in neutral it goes away. Does this sound like it needs a fluid change, or new transmission mounts?

This is a common occurance for older subes and one that has yet to be really answered. Could be mounts, might even be CV joints. If you manamge to fix yours, be sure to post the results!

Chef

It would appear from posts about the subject that the best answer :

"It's just the nature of the beast." :rolleyes:

Our '95 did it, our '00 does it, altho no worse at 170,000 miles than it did when we bought it at 100,000.

Two options:

1. Ignore it.

2. Shift into neutral at stop signs.

We favor 1.

In my 1995 Legacy AWD (56K miles) , i get a vibration when its in D and i'm idling. If i put it in neutral it goes away. Does this sound like it needs a fluid change, or new transmission mounts?

when was the last time this thing had a tune up. i bet from the low mileage the plugs are fouled. if this is all local driving go to a slighty hotter spark plug. Give the car a full tuneup, plugs wires and filters. If your doing maint by the mileage and not by the calender, switch to the calender. This thing is way over due for a tuneup if it hasnt had one and a tranny oil change.

nipper

my 99 legacy with 58k does it too. wife ignores it and I shift to N. My parents have a 99 legacy also (actually identical...color and all) and it has 62k on it with new plugs, wires, all fluids, t-belt, etc. and it does it too. :-\

Somebody please solve this....:D

my 99 legacy with 58k does it too. wife ignores it and I shift to N. My parents have a 99 legacy also (actually identical...color and all) and it has 62k on it with new plugs, wires, all fluids, t-belt, etc. and it does it too. :-\

Somebody please solve this....:D

you need more miles, my 98 leagacy with 178K never did it, and my 97 OBW idles as smooth as glass.

nipper