Ultimate Subaru Message Board

rear window louvers on hatch?

I had them on my first hatch. I sold them to another member here a couple years ago, but I'm looking for another set...

they really save the top of the rear seat...

I'm working with a guy on a possible conversion from another car, but I'vebeen told the length difference between the top and bottom edges islarger than "normal"

I put the louvers from a Honda Accord on my EA81 Wagon. It fit, but the angle of the louvers werent designed for the slope of the hatch... it blocked alittle more vision that it should... but I was still able to safely view everything behind me.

Here's a pic:

11Mar20009.jpg

11Mar20003.jpg

I snagged a 2nd set from the same junkyard. I think i have them at my parents house... or maybe I took them to the dump. I got them years ago, and couldnt sell it.

-Brian

Oh... and in order to mount it, i had to drill holes in my rear wind deflector, and bolt the hinges to that. It was either that, or drilling into the hatch and i didnt feel comfortable doing that. My method worked pretty well, and the deflector and mounts didnt have much problem holding all that wieght.

One thing to consider, after installing the louvers my hatch struts were no longer able to hold the rear hatch up... with the added wieght. Also, the thing liked to rattle. It was hinged at the top and whenever i hit a bump it would kinda swing and smack into the hatch.

I didnt care, as the in-car temps dropped considerably after installing the louvers.

-Brian

i found some from an early cavalier that are very close. the only measurement that is way off is the height, but if you cut 2 or 3 louvers off, it probly would work great on a hatch......

Cool. Also compare the angle of the Cavalier's window to your window. They should be at about the same angle.