Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Interesting info that I learned today

while driving around for approx an hour today,i passed by about 20.everything from loyale to new legacys..

here's another interesting thing i learned today.(anyone looking for a job with subaru?)i'd go for the warehouse position but it'd be a bit of a travel to work..

http://www.brightmove.com/ATS/SearchPublicRequirements.do?companyGK=14464&pageSize=20&sortOrder=2&sortDir=desc&prevSearchTerm=%25&startRecord=1&prevPageSize=20&searchTerms=%25

Living in the Foothills of Central Cali, I see quite a few from EA82s to new. I myself have 6, a friend of mine has 15, a guy I know has 10 and I cannot go more than 5 minutes without seeing one on the road, but then again I live in a small town and see the same ones all the time:lol: .

• 2 weeks later...
isnt vermont the unofficial subaru capital of the world?

having lived there, I'd venture to say yes. Roughly 50% (or more) of the cars on the road are subies. Between that and Fx50s as farm trucks, and Prii for those who can afford separate summer and winter cars, that's probably 80% of the cars in the state

God sometimes I really miss State College.

It's weird here in Texas. Around Houston it seems there really aren't that many Subarus. But up in Austin there are tons. There must be some kind of lifestyle or demographic correlation, or their marketing to something-somethings really works.

• 2 weeks later...

It's sure not THAILAND - just got back and there don't appear to be ANY in the country.

NO DEALERS WHATEVER - Toyos, Nissan, Mitsubishi, Mazda, Diahatsu, Isuzu, Hino, Honda but nary a Sub - they didn't even know what it was except the key said "Subaru" on it and it looked like a car key.

Turns out that the key (for a 97 IMP) is identical to Nissan and Honda (no idea what YEAR though) so churned out a couple of copies for 60 cents each for emergency spares.

There's two of them in my driveway.:cool:

OMG, there's 2 in mine as well! it's an invasion!

when I moved up here to the PNW I instantly noticed that there were a ton of subarus around here... it made total sense, because of the weather conditions and the need for traction, and because of the utility aspect of hipster portland...

there were none down in the california bay area (I lived in livermore)... but there was a niche of them in the sierra mountain towns... I lived in sonora and there were a lot of them, but not enough to stand out until you looked... there were also a lot in angel's camp (a city to the north)...

so it seems that they follow their needs, like pickup trucks in farm towns...

--Spiffy

It is either an invasion or a "Subaru virus" that hard to get rid of once you got it. Once you get your first one, you need to have another....just like potato chips. :-p I wanted to have both of my Subarus but I knew that I would not be able to afford it.

My buddy who was a used car salesman in colorado, said that 85% of people who bought subaru outbacks and foresters were lesbian.
Although Subaru apparently does have a significant following in the gay/lesbian community, I'm not sure that particular percentage is accurate. A little research on Google, however, seems to indicate that Subaru has actively pursued that group as buyers, which might partially explain the situation.

Of course, almost 98% of all statistics are made up on the spot. ;):)