Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My '95 Legacy: Trashwagon10

TheLoyale

something like this almost happened to me early this year.. I was home and in my PJ's when the police came to my door asking if I owned the 95 Subaru and I said yeah.. and he just flat out said someone just hit your car..

I was like like are you friken serious? lucky for me the Honda next to me too 99% of the blow which tore her rear bumper off and all I was left with is a stuff mark.. I did take pictures but they never found the guy.. took right off.

Thats not so bad, I wouldn't even care about a dent or a good swipe mark. But to the point where I can't drive it, damn!

Just so I am clear on this, I only said "Black guy" to show my mindset at the moment. I am not racist what so ever. :)

Major bummer man! I'm really sorry to read about this bumm-deal, espeially after all the time, effort and work you'd put into the rig!

Mad sympathies and empathies bro.

When I T-boned a young lady who pulled across right in front of me, and insurance totalled my car, i fought with them for liek 3 months to get fair market value of my 95 legacy (4ish years ago), to finalizy my settlement at $4500.

I can see if I have that insurance paperwork if you would like a copy. Granted market value of northern AZ may be different than where you're at, and granted it's like 4 years ago. but let me know, I'd love to help you get a more accurate car value when compared to the academic unknowing "kelly" value.

best to you and your head space, reading the forum, i think you've kept your composure well!

-mark-

That sucks the big hairy one! I owe you some time so let me know if you're going to repair.

I am going to fix it, but I need to wait till his insurance is all wrapped up.

I am gonna have a fun time finding a driver door that isn't messed up. :rolleyes: I can fix it my self once I get the parts.

And the wheel is most likely bent as well. By the way, the insurance company will never cover your cost to tow you vehicle home. You can try, but you will just waste your time (it's happened to me a couple times now). Just be glad the guy even had insurance, a few years back my wife's car was totaled in a Barnes & Noble parking lot in the middle of the day. The lady had no insurance and the car was older so we only had liability and not full coverage, so guess who ate the cost of getting a replacement vehicle? We did.

The car is not going to a shop, They better cut me a check for no less then $2,300 as thats the "fair" value for KBB. I am going to be a prick if needed - I have zero tolerance for stuff like this.

I got another door, mirror, headlight today off a '98 GT sedan for $150! Now all I need is a Tie-rod, Control arm, Wheel, Fender, maybe a bumper.

Trashwagon 10 will ride again...!

The car is not going to a shop, They better cut me a check for no less then $2,300 as thats the "fair" value for KBB. I am going to be a prick if needed - I have zero tolerance for stuff like this.

Agree, i don't either. and i wish you luck with that prick.

I got another door, mirror, headlight today off a '98 GT sedan for $150! Now all I need is a Tie-rod, Control arm, Wheel, Fender, maybe a bumper.

Not bad. that's what i paid for the entire 98 Legacy

Trashwagon 10 will ride again...!

Yee - Haw !

Let them total it then buy it for $100 and repair it.

I would kill for that to happen to one of mine...... that's payday right there :). Having plenty of other cars to drive really makes it hard for them to press you into a settlement.

If they try to mess with you - retain a Lawyer for $500 and really stick it to them (damages, legal fees, time and loss of work, etc, etc). I know I would. Probably just the threat of getting a lawyer will raise their offer a whole bunch :rolleyes:

GD

Update:

Turns out this guy did not have valid insurance, his policy lasped and was canceled the week before he hit me (8/22)

So no one is gonna reimburse me and I'm gonna have to take it up the whazoo this time - so I'm SOL folks.

That is why I pay $5 a month extra on my insurance for Uninsured Motorist Coverage.

Bummer that happened, on a positive note though you sure seem to enjoy working on stuff and wrenching etc.

I've enjoyed the hell out of your thread, will read more.

I don't know if it is worth the time and effort to do this but you should file a lawsuit in small claims court. curious to know if the driver was cited/arrested for DUI. surprised you are in such good spirits through all of this. i would be so ridiculously pissed off if i were in your situation. i don't have full coverage on my outback but it sure makes me wanna look into uninsured driver coverage!

or even better, try to get onto the people's court or something and then you would be guaranteed payment.

The Driver was arrested for DUI (Not the first) and this guy also has a lot of other issues (Home Invasion, Unpaid Child Support, Landmark credit union has a case against him for some loan either house or car) so he's F'ed.

I didn't know there was such a thing as uninsured motorist coverage. Guess its new.