Ultimate Subaru Message Board

WCSS 12 Update - 1 week and counting!

Updates from the website:

We are proud to announce we are going to have River City Catering on site on Saturday. They will be providing Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner. Bring cash!

We are also proud to announce an ALL NEW award for this years WCSS, the Smart Choice Award. One of our first ever awards with a cash payout of $100! Thanks to Smart Service for sponsoring this award. Find out out more about the Smart Choice Award, and the other classes we will be awarding trophies in here.

As the show gets closer, stay in touch! Find us on Facebook

We will also be closing pre-registration on 8/8/10. Don't worry, there is still plenty of space and you can always register at the gate!

Can't wait to see everyone at the show.

Chris "Tex" Walker

West Coast Subaru Show

Edited by Turbone
Changed ETA

Not much happens Fri night. Everyone that shows up is busy setting up camp, etc.

Sat schedule for the Show & Shine was posted somewhere, but I cant find it now :-\

Judging starts around noon tho.

Mudpit should be around afternoon time with the awards ceremony at the end of the day.

I'm sure a WCSS staff member will give you a better idea on times tho.

Not much happens Fri night. Everyone that shows up is busy setting up camp, etc.

Sat schedule for the Show & Shine was posted somewhere, but I cant find it now :-\

Judging starts around noon tho.

Mudpit should be around afternoon time with the awards ceremony at the end of the day.

I'm sure a WCSS staff member will give you a better idea on times tho.

I kind of like arriving during the day on Friday. It gives me a chance to unwind after driving from Nevada in a non-A/C car.

It also gives a chance to hang with fellow attendees in a slightly slower (and) quieter setting, and also to kinda "check the joint out" before things really get humming.

Just my 2 bucks on that. :-\

--

That's great news about having food on site..always a plus. :)

Edited by NV Zeno
punctuation

Is there some sort of an itinerary of when this shin dig will start?

Per the website -

Schedule:

Friday

- Camping Opens @ Noon

Saturday

- Show Roll In @10

- Judging Starts @ Noon

- Dinner / Awards @ 6

- Mudpit Times TBD

Its a 40 minute drive from Cashmere to Liberty Road which is the main access. Although you can access the trails from service roads at the top of blewett pass.

To the best of my knowledge this is the closest wheeling to the show. There might be some "local spots" but ive never heard of anything.

I think its worth the drive, but i live here :rolleyes:

If anything its downhill to Ellensburg and i bet there is enough parts between some of us locals to fix up a broken rig.

-Andy

I will be driving over from Seattle on Friday evening- (after work)

But for some reason my 10 year High school reunion is the same day as the show... (back in Seattle)

So I will be departing the show around 5pm Saturday... :-\

I will have a bunch of stuff I am bringing to sell/trade (misc subaru parts collected over the years) since I am doing a major garage clean up.... so is there a swap meet section again? or do I just set up shop in the back of my wagon?

(Waterwagon3 is also for sale, if anyone is interested ;) )

It will be fun to see everyone again! Just sucks that my time will be cut short this year....