Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Anybody ever used one of these mufflers?

I can't say for that brand, but i have a Chinese TOPSPEED on mine and I have found that there isn't many mufflers that sound bad on EA cars, even ej's just as long as they run UEL manifold or headers. The exhaust pulse doesn't let them resonate to where they sound like rice. :)

"I was going to mention that, but I was being nice :rolleyes:"

That was nice. Trying to rice up a vehicle that doesn't fit the mold, genre or profile and ruining a good Brat in the process is sacrilage.. Next thing you know there'll be a big a** 6" tach with the utterly useless shift light and a shopping cart handle in the back of the bed. I'm not a purest, but it's an off road truck, not a ricer...

To each their own I guess......

Edited by skishop69

i like my can, just no slant tip or blued end, just a 4" tip angled up into the bumper. my stock muffler broke, angled, and melted the back bumper, so I carefully trimmed off the warped/melted material into a nice perfect arch and just so happens my topspeed tucks right there. I had this can on my legacy first but before that i had a promax "40" lol and the cab resonance pulse in that legacy was both deafening and made you want to kill people. so thats when i got the topspeed.

camo7.jpg

last year.

• 4 weeks later...
GLAD I LIVE IN TEXAS LOL JEEZUS RUSTCAKES!!! I feel sorry for mechanics in the rustbelt.

Yeah, i was just thinking that too! Im lucky enough to live in eastern Washington where there are hundreds of nice rust free old soobies for the picking. I used to think a spot of rust under the paint was bad. I guess i won't complain about rust anymore. Lol