Ultimate Subaru Message Board

yeah he had like no damage.. only thing I did to the plow was i broke the chain so he was unable to raise and lower it but could still move it from side to side.

At least the guy was cool with it because we both hit with some strong force. He asked if I was ok like 5 times and did I have my seat belt on (I always wear it)

Natalie saved me so I can live another day :)

the crashed happened with 236,917 miles on the car.

ah crack, glad you're okay though. you've put a lot into that car, that's frustrating.

that's definitely totaled.

that would be easy to fix enough to get back on the road. hood, fender, air bags, maybe bumper, and windshield.

with some chain/tow strap/come along, something to pull with you can pull that out in a matter of minutes to get everything to line up and work. it's hard to get it "perfect".

often you can even just pull the hood out enough to get it working and the bumper away from the accessories as it's probably pushed into them. i pulled mine out a bit, beat the hood down, and drove it like that for a couple weeks before finally replacing parts.

Hope you get a good payout. seems like that is the current trend, as i know more people who have gotten crashed into and paid than i have had cars recently.

should you decide to keep it, i do have a complete dashboard, airbag system, steering column fender and bumper for this car. It's yours for your offer if you want to make it an excuse to visit milwaukee.

On the plus side of things, the future Natalie II may be younger, have more power, and less mileage on her.

:)

I think it's way too much damage.. and way more with out coll coverage.. I don't know how far back the engine got pushed.. I knew I was unable to move the shifter.. I'm about to head to the shop because my keys are still in the car.

this is suck.

Yeah it's totalled

One reason the throttle stuck after is maybe you broke the engine mounts and the throttle cable was getting tight at the angle the engine slide.

Hope you are ok.

yeah my nice JDM headlights smashed.. but it's ok.. lol.. I just got a new rear cat for the car sitting in my living room...

amazing my radiator did not leak giving the damage..

Crap. Not having collision is going to really complicate things for you. Unless the other driver is found to be at fault there is not going to be any payment for repairs or a total loss situation. With the age and mileage of the car it is certain to be written off. The airbag matrix that has to be run on the car alone would probably write it off. They are horribly expensive and require not just the modules be replaced, but also the sensors, computer, and often the seat belt tensioners (if so equipped). I am really sorry to see this happen to you, but most importantly the car did what it was designed to do. But I am afraid to tell you that unless you have access to cheap replacement parts and facilities to do all the body work this is going to be a very cost prohibitive repair. I used to do estimates at a collision center and I can tell you there is almost certainly more damage that will be found once you get the hood and bumper off.