Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New From Spokane WA

I have an 88 GL Wagon. I have a 2 meter radio in my car. In Boy Scouts I am sort of known as the Ham Radio nut. Brought 4 hams into the world.

I wouldn't travel anyware without my radio. I read about some guys in Carson City on the board who were going up into the mountains near there but got nervious when they lost cell phone range. I am very seldom out of communications range. Ham Radio gets through when everything else fails.

Michael Carey, KD&GHZ

Let me know if you want to. There is a 35 question test must get 26 right. There is even software I could loan or copy for you to help you.

Its not that difficult, heck, I did it and my whole family did it and 5 Boy Scouts.

Michael Carey, KD7GHZ

• 1 year later...

I drive a light blue hatch in and around spokane, mine has a 5th eye cut out in the grille and no shutter. I live north on hwy 2, but did work in town. I am trying to get a few subies to get together and go wheelin @ the orv in 7 mile. I also drive a silver 83 wagon. The hatch is getting a new trans right now, well yesterday and tomorrow, what do you drive

• 4 months later...
I drive a light blue hatch in and around spokane, mine has a 5th eye cut out in the grille and no shutter. I live north on hwy 2, but did work in town. I am trying to get a few subies to get together and go wheelin @ the orv in 7 mile. I also drive a silver 83 wagon. The hatch is getting a new trans right now, well yesterday and tomorrow, what do you drive

Hey there..if you don't mind..could you tell me who did you tran work and for how much? I have to have one put into my 1989 GL manual/5 speed/fwd/Sedan.

Hi, barracuda, Andy, helped me. He helped me to put in a new clutch, without, having to pull the engine out. Andy is pretty sharp, actually, he's really very very good. He did not charge me a fortune. Give him an e-mail.

Hope this helps,

Michael Carey

• 1 year later...