Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Just curious.. I have to remove the plug for #2 because the tip part that goes on the plug cracked and got stuck on the plug..

blame it on the last owner for buying cheap wires.. that will explain why I had misfires on #2

Anyways my question it seems you have more room working under the car to take the plugs out?

This is not good!! Here's what happened.. that part that broke off well it's that like kinda hard rubber.. two things.. I took the valve cover off which only helped just a little but the damn effin plugs are still so recessed I can't get down to remove it.. and I can't put the new plugs on..

My only next thing is to torch a piece of metal and burn the rubber around the spark plug unless anyone can come up with something better right now.. I gotta be to work at 2 AM.

Hose clamp pliers work for me usually
Again how do you fit that in the spark plug hole? All of the pliers I've seen are straight tipped.. I'm working on the passenger side ( lucky day) I tried my niddle nose and it was nowhere near going in

I'm going outside to try the coat hanger hook with some WD-40.

^%^&%$%$ finally came out.. Got under the car turned the hook sideways then back straight and pulled and This happened.

Now I hope people can understand that piece from the wire.

What a huge pain in the rump roast..

IMG_20111220_202312.jpg

IMG_20111220_202400.jpg

Edited by 1-3-2-4

glad my valve cover gaskets don't leak since they are only maybe about 4-5 months old.. I did them when I did the headgaskets..

However... i might change them out next year for some fel-pro's I used Rockauto's DNJ gaskets and I had a little seepage on the underside of the cover.

I did the gaskets on a friend's 2002 Forester it's fit was way better then the one I had for mine.. However his was a SOHC and my a DOHC but still the fit was better with the fel-pro.