Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Wheeling OOPS....

88Subi4x4

I saw this rock and thought it was a mud mound and drove right over it... stopped the car... had to throw it in reverse and still couldnt move, had to put it in 4LO (from 4HI) and power through it.. very loud scraping... and I uprooted the rock as you can see. Its a good size rock... Its at least 3 times as wide as my tire treads.

IMG_0015.jpg

It was still a great day... had a lot of fun... I am terrible at taking pictures... this hill is pretty awesome... but looks lame from the top :(

IMG_0016.jpg

Edited by 92_rugby_subie

This was a very cold and crappy afternoon. To put it into perspective I had a 6 in lift and 29inch tires on this bugger, well an EJ too but that's a different story. Once we (monstaru and I) got it out, I drained the oil, put new oil in, and drove it home...with no issues.

P2050033.jpg

P2050034.jpg

P2050037.jpg

P2050044.jpg

P2050042.jpg

P2050038.jpg

P2050040.jpg

P2050048.jpg

Edited by Mugs

broke a ball joint crawling up a creek bed. broke a ball joint and it rotated the knuckle all around breaking it off the strut, bending the steering, and pissing my brake fluid.

DSCN1481.jpg

Never fear though! I just drove it to where the tow truck would pick me up...... ~15 miles away........:o

DSCN1483.jpg

That was when I got back onto the road. about 5 miles was gravel/creek bed, then the rest was a highway. I wonder what kinda ticket I would have gotten if I were pulled over...?

bent a strut rod after hitting a rock , slid off the offcamber slope into it..

I straightened it out with a 4lb hammer on a boulder and then used the winch to pull everything back in place..I drove it out and back home..

I welded them up w/angle iron and always carry a spare now..

The winch paid for itself that day...

100_1123.jpg

IMG_2827.jpg

100_1125.jpg

100_1131.jpg

100_1130.jpg

IMG_2827.jpg

Hmm... that looks pretty familiar.....:headbang:

On another note, here's mine:

P1010012.jpg

The pic doesn't do justice to how precarious this was, I desperately needed a spotter to back down safely. I just remember calling out "HELLLLLLLP! on the CB.

Another titanic moment

Foresterice.jpg

I was with a friend when he did that with his WRX. I told him the ruts were pretty deep under the pond and it was stupid idea. Well, he went for it and got high centered in the ruts while under water. The computer is down on the floor and it shut down the engine when it submerged, and after we dragged the car out it still wouldn't start. I took the computer out and apart, washed the mud off the board in a sparking mountain stream, dried it on the dash of my truck and it fired back up. A couple traces were burnt off the board though and it hasn't been quite the same since.

With my loyale, I used to have to wait for the floorpans to fill with water so it would sink and grab traction. Much better to have the computer tucked up under the dash than down on the floor.