Ultimate Subaru Message Board

custom fartpipe

I have one of those on my EA wagon behind an EJ22. It's got to go soon - makes my car too loud. The rest of my exhaust is all new, dual port header all custom back to the old rotted out fart can;) Next I need to have a nice and somewhat quieter muffler installed. It looks like your install turned out pretty good. I hope it doesn't drive you or your neighbors crazy :D

thats pretty cool lol

my gl-10 came with a exhaust like that.. i drove up a fairly steep hill and when i backed down the tip dug into the ground and bent it all up.. so i threw a stock muffler on it. its so quiet the only thing you can hear is the clutch fan lol

I used a harbor freight tubing bender and scrap 1 3/4 id pipe I had laying around the muffler I Robed off an old Honda the bender doesn't like thinwall but all in all the bends are cleaner than the factory bends on the stock pipe I just need to get the angle right on the tip the noises isent to bad it's quieter than my scout by far for free it's great and when I crush it I can make a new 1 and keep the stock pipe for smog