Ultimate Subaru Message Board

4x140 to 5x100 bolt pattern adapters

I doubt he is still active here as at-least 3 of us are interested. Before I make some calls and have a set of adapters made/ordered, what bolt pattern would be best to go to? 5x100? 4x100? 5x114.3?

If you could have them offset dual drilled for 5x100/114.3, that would cover about 95% of wheels anyone would ever want to run.

I'd be in for a set

hey whats up everyone.  Havent looked at my PM's yet, just saying hi cuz ivan told me to get after it.  I will contact everyone ( theres six msgs that i see) in order of msg arrival to see whats going on.  

Got a promotion at work that changed my routine alot, but things are smoothing out now.  sorry if anyones pissed. 

• Like 1

Interested in 2pair 5x100 whenever you get back to making more

ok, i will add you to the new list once i give a few more days for the originals to reply.   

so far ive heard back from ftwneon, and scoobybrat, with sull also being a new interest.

still waiting for some others.

ok, i will add you to the new list once i give a few more days for the originals to reply.   

so far ive heard back from ftwneon, and scoobybrat, with sull also being a new interest.

still waiting for some others.

Please add me to the list too! Want 4 adapters - a full set for one car. Thanks!

ok heres the new list:  

sull

88hatchmonster

KRM91

Scoobybrat

epix 

leeroy

The deadline to state your interest will be Wednesday March 19. 

Thats 2 weeks from today. i will update this post as new people get in.

I am going to contact my water jet guy and request that he pencil me in for March 20.  Hopefully that will cut down my wait time for material.

Thanks everyone! 

*edit to make the Date correct*

Edited by matts87glsedan

well there's been some interest in my adapters, so im starting a vendor thread. 

heres the prototype: I have about 5000km on these, no problems yet.

2013-03-08173938_zpsbc7a8d3f.jpg

2013-03-09133950_zps8c6c4b1a.jpg

Stock material is 6061 T6 aluminum.  standard material for all internet wheel spacers. 

MOUNTING INFO

• the 4x140 pattern is tapped with a M12 x 1.5 thread to facilitate bolting through the original stud holes to the hub. i will supply M12  x 30mm class 10.9 mounting bolts.  you need to knock out your studs and put the bolts in their place, torque is 72 ft-lbs, blue locktite MANDATORY!  retorque after 100kms. 

• Note how the bolt sticks thru a TINY bit on the above pic.  This needs to be touched with an angle grinder or just filed off.  I wanted max thread engagement, so you have to live with this. 

STUD INFO - DORMAN 610-320 is recommended

• the 5 x 100 pattern is drilled for an M12 1.25 stud with a 12.8mm knurl.  the stud head size that i used was 19mm dia, by 4.5mm deep. check your stud head diameter and thickness before installing. you may need to grind them a bit. these holes are a PRESS FIT.  i had to put about 1000psi on mine to get them seated, but you really don't want them to spin, so tight is good.  Length of studs needed is M12  x 40mm long.  Nissan pathfinder studs are  M12 1.25 x 41.5mm - they should be close enough, you make the call.  I am not providing studs.

• When pressing - make sure the receiving die under the adapter is as small as possible, while still clearing the stud threads.  A bit of oil is ok.  Freezing the studs overnight may help too, but dont heat gun the adapter you may wreck the temper. 

CENTER BORE

its 1.98 inches.  you may have to grind your 36mm socket. mine fits.

RIM CENTERING 

these provide a 7/8 offset, with a 3.5mm tall lip to center the rim on.

price will be 60$ a piece. for one adapter and 4 mounting bolts

thanks soobydoo, capn_r , 86BRATMAN, and bratman18 for the initial interest here: http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/topic/137844-matts-gl-sedan/ 

edit note - i am filling in the necessary finalized details in bold , as i nail it all down. 

bringing this up to the top again. i added a couple of details about mounting and pressing.  One week left if anyone else wants a set.  the list as of today is 

sull

88hatchmonster

KRM91

Scoobybrat

epix 

leeroy

thanks guys, i will be in touch soon. 

allright, ordering is CLOSED, thank you to the following for getting on board.

sull

88hatchmonster

KRM91

Scoobybrat

epix 

leeroy

bratman18

Waterjet couldnt do it this week, so gods willing i will be running these next friday.  I will PM all on the list to confirm, but i am currently assuming that you're all still good to go. If you have changed your mind, please let me know!

• Like 1

Waiting on a set of new lugnuts to come in before I can finish things up and get her back on the ground. One thing I found while installing them on my Brat is that the bolts holding the adapter to the hub were hitting the wear indicator on my brake pads. Probably just because of the design of whatever pad is currently on there. Looking at your pictures it wasn't an issue for you. I just chopped them off because I have plenty of pad and have the wheels off enough to keep an eye on them. Just something for people to look for before tearing down the road and getting some weird noises or damaging anything.

Waiting on a set of new lugnuts to come in before I can finish things up and get her back on the ground. One thing I found while installing them on my Brat is that the bolts holding the adapter to the hub were hitting the wear indicator on my brake pads. Probably just because of the design of whatever pad is currently on there. Looking at your pictures it wasn't an issue for you. I just chopped them off because I have plenty of pad and have the wheels off enough to keep an eye on them. Just something for people to look for before tearing down the road and getting some weird noises or damaging anything.

Good info. Don't be shy with pics when you get those wheels on! Been dying to see these on a Gen 2.

Alright, here they are installed on the front wheels with some 15" wheels I had from my Neon laying around. I'll probably do the rears this weekend now that I know everything seems to fit well and I don't have any rubbing issues.

DsfHImU.jpg

IoKAaUk.jpg

• Like 1