Ultimate Subaru Message Board

belts

Went to the local NAPA stealership this morning to pick up a set of fan / ps/ a/c alt belts for my 86 GL-10T wagon. The counter guy told me they didn't have them , checked the warehouse in Boston -- none, and checked the whole system and found one in S. Carolina and the other one in Utah !!! WTF is so special about the belts? There are millions of subys around ?????????

Milt

thats why i hate most people that work at auto parts stores, they done know crap,

just tell him you need 2 belts, one is 39 inches long the other i think it was 47inches, or just take in your old belts, they arent that hard to take off, just drive there and take them off and take them inside for them to mesure.

good luck,

Shean

That's is totally off the wall. I get my belts at a local NAPA here and have never had any problem. Just take in the old belts and let them measure them. They have a special tool for it (I know because I used to work parts counter way back in the day).

If those belts are for factory A/C, meaning the AC is between the ALT and PS....Pleiades has the correct numbers in his glove box of the grassroots RX...i went thru that mess, the TAMS computer (NAPA's Total Automotive Management *Messup* System) lists some WAY WAY off the wall numbers for the belts that are S class...meaning Special Order...and yes, there was that one belt in SC....anyhow, any capable counterman (*ME*) would look at how long those belts are, and match them up with some of the 25-73xx series, which is what I did...i just dont remember the numbers....

Some NAPA stores are very good.All depends on the personell.My local actually had turbo axles in stock.

I get a pretty good deal at the dealer so I just *try* to get all my parts there.Milt,let me know what you need if you have a hard time.We are absolutely going to eastern Maine in July.Hope to see you on our adventure.