Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Is this totaled?

morf

EDIT More pics https://plus.google.com/app/basic/photos/111401324895028729165/album/6089846759350700065?cbp=nm35trtl7z90&sview=2&cid=5&soc-app=115&soc-platform=1&spath=%2Fapp%2Fbasic%2Fstream

https://plus.google.com/u/0/111401324895028729165/posts/Sdj6ZFtjraT?pid=6089070207250407938&oid=111401324895028729165

I fucked up and didn't yield when making a left turn. This is the result. She took it like a champ and didn't hurt me at all. I drove it home 2-3 miles afterwards despite the rear tire being slanted 10-15 degrees. I saw that the small piece of steal that holds the control arm to the frame had pulled away from the frame. Haven't had time to take that tire off yet, plan on it tomorrow. Will get some more pics. Really surprised at how well she took the hit, it was a pretty big van that hit me. This car has been very good to me. I've done nothing but abuse her and she just keeps on rollin.

Anyways I was looking at craigslist and found this 92 Justy. I'm going to look at it Saturday. I will probably buy it. I think it just needs a new clutch since she says that it runs but doesn't drive.

https://littlerock.craigslist.org/cto/4780769135.html

Also saw this 82 gl. are the parts on the this compatible with my 87?

https://littlerock.craigslist.org/cto/4787622126.html

Edited by morf

Dosnt look to bad... As long as the Unibody istn tweeked and still drives straight. As far as the Justy.. in my optionion and many others, its a dead plat form.. not worth time nor money, subaru discontinued all there parts and its a pain to find anything for them. Not only the engine isnt a Subaru engine... 3Cyl Dihatsu i do believe.. 

No there not compatible, there different body styles but it dosnt look back.. 

Could always try to bang out the dent from the inside  :D

PRWA

Dosnt look to bad... As long as the Unibody istn tweeked and still drives straight. As far as the Justy.. in my optionion and many others, its a dead plat form.. not worth time nor money, subaru discontinued all there parts and its a pain to find anything for them. Not only the engine isnt a Subaru engine... 3Cyl Dihatsu i do believe.. 

No there not compatible, there different body styles but it dosnt look back.. 

Could always try to bang out the dent from the inside  :D

PRWA

incorrect. it is a 3cyl suzuki engine licensed to subaru, and subaru designed their own head for it....ergo it IS a subaru motor. justys are awesome, dont knock it til you try it/ or actually research it/ work on it. Justys around here sell for 1000 with those same issues. 40+mpg anyone??? ps: subaru pulls support for anything it no longer produces....just like everybody.

OP: your 3 door needs new rear suspension parts as they are bent beyond repair. Monetarily, yes its totaled. those are "totaled" if even a fender is bent due to what their worth in insurance companies eyes and the cost to fix that. Itll drive, but its boned.

on the hatchy....not compatable. its also a basket case, but its worth the 500....if you can fix it yourself. 

both of those cars are good for the price however, neither is getting you to work the next day/week. choose wisely. of the two Id rather have the hatchy, but for ease of fixing....go with the justy.

https://plus.google.com/app/basic/photos/111401324895028729165/album/6089846759350700065?cbp=nm35trtl7z90&sview=2&cid=5&soc-app=115&soc-platform=1&spath=%2Fapp%2Fbasic%2Fstream

I really didn't see much damage to the back wheel. Everything except that one support looks good. Anything else I should be looking at?

I went and looked at that 93 justy today. It leaks Coolant and will only start for about 5 seconds before it dies. I think the Coolant is leaking from the water pump. I think the fuel filter is clogged as well. It's in excellent condition. I don't think I'm going to buy it even though I really want to. I would rather fix the gl I think. The girl wants 550 for it now because so many people showed interest in it. I could buy it, fix it and flip it. 35 mpg is very appealing. I bet it would sell for 800 at least if it was fixed.

Don't flip subarus, because most people who buy the older subarus are poor cheapskates frugal. so the return for investment normally isn't worth it. The only old subarus that have value have been fixed up as a nice wheeler,awesome street machine,etc.Bone stock 200K mile subarus value on the other hand depend largely on how much gas is in the tank.

• Like 1

I've been unsuccessful in the past finding Subarus in junk yards and pick n pulls around little rock. I'll probably have to have them shipped to me from someone on here. Tomrhere helped me out last time with a control arm for the other side. The suspension on that side was already bad, it would bottom out a lot on bigger bumps.

WOW!!! Pulled the arm right off the bushing.

Remove the three bolts holding it to the swing arm.

Remove the bolt holding the bushing to the mount bracket on the crossmember.

See if you can find someone with a press to put the bushing back where it belongs.

Weld a flat washer to the bracket where it ripped out, so there is good metal to hold the bolt. You want the washer on the outside of bracket.

Reassemble everything.

I would take a good look at where the crossmember bolts to the body on that side. See if anything has been shifted any.

I have straightened bent "B" pillars before. It can be done, but is a lot of work to do so.

• Like 1